Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Great Day for Skeet and Personal Best

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stator
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2002
    • 850

    Great Day for Skeet and Personal Best

    Well, yes, it looked like weather would forgo skeet shooting this morning, but here in the bay area, mother nature cooperated and it was a great day. Personal best at 22 of 25, even though I committed a near sin of taking the option on station 1. 2 for 2 on station 8. Those misses came from stations 1, 2, and 3.

    If you have not tried it, I'd recommend taking in some rounds of Skeet. It is addicting. No use for a shotgun to be a safe queen besides.

    OLL craze? What OLL craze?

    Well, shoot, I caught myself looking at a Browning Citori 525 Sporting or a Caesar Guerini Summit in 28ga.
    **
    3 Rules of Skeet: Head on the gun, eye on the target, and proper lead
    M1a - If you can see it, you can hit it
    Friends don't let friends vote demorat
  • #2
    joel1316
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1086

    I went skeet shooting once with friend. It was a blast!
    Anyone near USI want to shoot?

    Comment

    • #3
      Baron
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 797

      I love Trap shooting. I decided to go shoot some paper this weekend with slugs and my new set up, but did horrible because of a cheap red dot sight. Remember the old saying "You get what you pay for"...LOL
      Then I tried removing the sight, but the scope mount was in the way od the bead sight and I still did horrible. Then my 28" barrel I use for skeet busted and that got me even more mad....LOL. So I went home and quickly dissasembled the shot gun and removed the scope mount and threw the Red Dot Sight in the trash. Now I'm on the hunt for a new 28" barrel, but I wanted a different one anyways, I guess now I have too...

      I'm looking forward to the next time out. I think I'll do some Trap first and then move to Targets later.... My best score at trap was 22, but that was with my Stoeger Uplander side by side.
      My wife loves to shoot trap too and now I have to buy her, her own Mossberg...LOL... Gotta do what you gotta do...LOL

      I know that trap is the one that shoots out away from you in different directions. Isn't skeet where the clays fly side to side? Also what exactly is sporting clays?
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .


      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        stator
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2002
        • 850

        Originally posted by Baron
        I'm looking forward to the next time out. I think I'll do some Trap first and then move to Targets later.... My best score at trap was 22, but that was with my Stoeger Uplander side by side.
        My wife loves to shoot trap too and now I have to buy her, her own Mossberg...LOL... Gotta do what you gotta do...LOL

        I know that trap is the one that shoots out away from you in different directions. Isn't skeet where the clays fly side to side? Also what exactly is sporting clays?
        I have no idea how to shoot a round of trap, believe or not. We almost shot a round since the two skeet fields were used. However, the upper field cleared out in short order as they were on their last round.

        Skeet is the field with the opposing houses that throw the clays out. Some of the shots on the skeet field are from the side (stations 3, 4, and 5 particularily), but some are where the clay is nearly thrown straight away from the shooter (stations 1 and 7). Station 8 is where you stand halfway between both houses and shoot at a very rapidly approaching clay.

        Todd Bender calls it a trick shot that really has nothing to do with skeet shooting. I agree as I am just begin to understand this trick shot.

        My local range, Coyote Valley Sporting Clays, describes sporting clays as "golf without the clubs". It is like a golf course in that there are numbered stations similar to golf's hole 1, hole 2, etc. Each station presents a different type or types of shot to emulate different bird shots. This could be low flyers to high flying ducks at different angles. Some stations will have ground shots to emulate rabbits. Some stations will have both.

        I have not tried sporting clays but do watch the shooters while on a break between skeet rounds. Looks fun, but here, a round of sporting clays is pricey. Throw in the golfcart rental, it gets higher.
        **
        3 Rules of Skeet: Head on the gun, eye on the target, and proper lead
        M1a - If you can see it, you can hit it
        Friends don't let friends vote demorat

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1