Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Winchester 1300 Defender - "SleeperKing" pump gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Squidward
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 1779

    Originally posted by Skidmark
    A picture of several sleepers... Ithacas, mostly... and a nice 870P on top.



    The context was a discussion on shotgunworld: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...02534&start=20
    Wow!

    Comment

    • #47
      chaos06
      Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 309

      anyone here able to fit a side saddle shell holder? I heard the fore-end is too long. know any aftermarket fore-end that would work with a side saddle?

      Comment

      • #48
        Dattebayo
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2013
        • 2344

        Originally posted by chaos06
        anyone here able to fit a side saddle shell holder? I heard the fore-end is too long. know any aftermarket fore-end that would work with a side saddle?
        The circular fore end grips should be compatible with side saddles. It is really only the top shotgun in the photos that I foresee having issues with it.

        Comment

        • #49
          kellyhachihachi
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 856

          Originally posted by chaos06
          anyone here able to fit a side saddle shell holder? I heard the fore-end is too long. know any aftermarket fore-end that would work with a side saddle?
          mine came with one already on it, the previous owner had cut out a section in the fore end to clear it. i can post photos if you want

          Comment

          • #50
            chaos06
            Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 309

            Originally posted by kellyhachihachi
            mine came with one already on it, the previous owner had cut out a section in the fore end to clear it. i can post photos if you want
            yes can i see photos. I really want a side saddle, but it's going to suck having to cut the piece of the fore-end out

            Comment

            • #51
              Iskra
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 513

              I have an older 1200 12ga. that I love. Only takes 2 3/4" shells, but I bought a 2nd barrel so I have a "combo pack" just like Mossberg sells 18.5" for HD and 26" for clays or birds. Action is smooth as silk, patterns are predictable, recoil is light. Winchester quality for sure.
              I don't shoot because I like guns, I shoot because I hate paper.

              There's a mistaken impression that conservatives don't like the environment. We do, we love the environment. We just call it the outdoors and we go there to kill stuff.
              -PJ O'Rourke

              Comment

              • #52
                jkcerda
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2008
                • 9230

                Just got mine.

                Comment

                • #53
                  base64
                  Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 367

                  Winchester 1300 defender 'Speed Pump' with shell holder and pistol grips.

                  Soon to be cerakoted.



                  Comment

                  • #54
                    b.thomas
                    Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 373

                    My brother's Defender is about 30 years old now decent shotgun for what it is.
                    But still doesn't have the slick action of my Wingmaster 870.
                    Parts are getting to be a problem by what hear from a few folks I know too.
                    Which might be a problem if their ever needed??

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      epilepticninja
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 4166

                      You guys talking about one of these? It used to be a Winnie Def. 1300. Now it's my house broom:







                      Former political prisoner who escaped on 9-24-23.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1