Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Moss 500 barrel mod for 8 shot mag

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • spaceburger
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 79

    Moss 500 barrel mod for 8 shot mag

    I just bought a Mossberg 500A Defender with 7 (8) shot tubular magazine and 18" barrel to replace one lost long long ago. Well I came across my old replacement 22 or 24" barrel that was made for the 5 (6) shot mag version.
    The barrel lug that holds the screw that mates to the front of the mag needs to be moved further up the barrel to work on the 7 (8) shot mag. Anyone know of someone who can do this mod for me?
    Law of Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.
  • #2
    Baron
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 797

    You'll probably have to find a gunsmith
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .


    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      maxicon
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 4661

      By the time you pay a 'smith to do this work, you'd probably have been better off buying another Mossy on sale and selling the spare barrel...
      sigpic
      NRA Life Member

      Comment

      • #4
        JPglee1
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 3025

        Originally posted by spaceburger
        The barrel lug that holds the screw that mates to the front of the mag needs to be moved further up the barrel to work on the 7 (8) shot mag. Anyone know of someone who can do this mod for me?
        I can do it for you, but you'd need to send me the magazine tube and the barrel so I could use my 500 as a jig to set everything up.

        I work by the hour, $60/hr is my rate. Looking at my 500 (18", 5 shot) It would most likely take approx 45 minutes to 1 hour. I don't do refinishing so you'd need to get it cold blued or painted once the work is completed.

        If you're interested, send me a PM. I can't work on the entire gun as I'm not a gunsmith, but I can put your parts on my receiver which will accomplish the same goal.

        Thanks!


        J

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1