Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Training Tips for Trap/Skeet/Clays

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ROTC sniper
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 686

    Originally posted by solanoshooter
    That wasn't at Yolo last weekend, was it?
    No I was at Triple Bs in el monte. Great club. Nice folks.
    NRA Life Member ___________________________________________
    ____
    WTS: Need a Bug out Bag that's battle tested? Large Alice Packs and Molle Packs, I got them.
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=1#post7047942

    Comment

    • #17
      ROTC sniper
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 686

      Originally posted by mif_slim
      did the 10k gun have negative recoil? its so expensive it better be 0 recoil!
      It had a lot of kick. Well more kick than mine anyway. It was a Perazzi (sp?) and I normally shoot a Weatherby SA 08. I guess it's one of those things that when you get better, you can definitely tell the difference. One of the things I noticed right off the bat was the fluidity of the swing as well as the adjustable cheek rest.
      NRA Life Member ___________________________________________
      ____
      WTS: Need a Bug out Bag that's battle tested? Large Alice Packs and Molle Packs, I got them.
      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=1#post7047942

      Comment

      • #18
        Fspeed
        Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 320

        I like to keep my 500 down a bit and once the clay is in the air put it up, get a check weld and lead the clay just a touch and blam, watch the clay turn into powder. It takes practice to get good at it. If your're trying to use a 590, its gonna be an uphill battle.

        Comment

        • #19
          juelz919
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 800

          Thanks for the advice, and I am a member at Yolo I go once a week but never shoot clays there. How much does it cost to make your shotgun accept screw in chokes?

          So you guys dont aim you just point? BTW my long barreled pump doesnt have a front bead or anything. Is that a good way to practice or should I get one put on? I need to go practice and pay more attention so I can tell you guys the problems. But thanks for the help everyone

          Comment

          • #20
            Sideline Shooter
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 514

            I have posted this video before for beginners. It's very easy to use "The System" with it's high tech video diagram you will see the "lead" on the target and follow through.

            Comment

            • #21
              HokeySon
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 778

              Originally posted by mif_slim
              did the 10k gun have negative recoil? its so expensive it better be 0 recoil!
              if I spent 10k on a shotgun, I would expect it to hit clay if I just winked at it while sitting in the shade drinking my lemonade.

              Comment

              • #22
                hattles
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 519

                Originally posted by juelz919
                honestly I am intimidated by most skeet/trap shooters..
                THey all have shotguns worth thousands and I have 590 and an old savage shotgun worth about 100 bucks. If I could bust clays I wouldnt even care but I dont want to go out there and make a fool of myself. So for now I am practicing with my friend, I have a mechanical thrower and one of the handheld throwers.

                I have been practicing pretty frequently and if I aim I can consistently make hits but I dont want to aim anymore..
                My train of thought was if I shoot enough I will develop a natural point of aim like I have with my other guns..

                AND bmc your right about the dominance thing. When I shot competitive rifle i determined I was right eye dominant but two or three times when i first started shooting clays I realized my left eye was doing the work.

                Any shooter at the range that is worth 2cents doesn't care what you shoot or how expensive the gun is. Most will offer sound advice if asked or even if they notice you are really strugglig. I shoot at a skeet and trap range in west Fresno and we don't even keep score when practice shooting.
                Most that se an unusaual shotgun might be curious, but they're always respectful unless they know you well enough, then the gloves come off.

                Anybody really interested in promoting the shooting sport will always try to help make the experience enjoyable with encouragement.
                If I ever stop laughing, I'm dead.
                The shooting star - Tom Knapp
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9jUkOAvP9g

                Comment

                • #23
                  TERRYGER
                  Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 357

                  Anybody really interested in promoting the shooting sport will always try to help make the experience enjoyable with encouragement.
                  well said!

                  anyone that makes any comments otherwise is an rank amateur themselves.

                  shooting is a fun sport to be enjoyed by all. IT IS NOT A CONTEST!

                  go and shoot your gun and remember each time you fire a round that everyone out there started the same way you did and you are getting better with each shot!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1