Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Saiga-12

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • randy
    In Memoriam
    • Nov 2006
    • 4642

    Saiga-12

    Is the Saiga-12 legal in California?
    I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.

    When I hit the lotto I'm only shooting factory.
  • #2
    MrTuffPaws
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2156

    No. Semi-auto shotguns with removable mags are not legal. You could possible pin the mag and mod it so that you can load it from the bottom, but these mods would have to be done out of state before importing.

    Comment

    • #3
      nosewitdot
      Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 229

      would a bullet button mod work?

      Comment

      • #4
        MrTuffPaws
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 2156

        Originally posted by nosewitdot
        would a bullet button mod work?
        No. They are single stacked so loading it from the ejection port is out of the question. Having to remove the mag to load it is still a removable mag and or a use once and throw away gun.

        Comment

        • #5
          MustangO4
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2006
          • 1138

          You can pull the cover, spring and bolt and load it from the top with the mag in place.

          Comment

          • #6
            AJAX22
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2006
            • 14980

            You can also disasemble the mag from the bottom feed the rounds in and then compress the spring or just fire it upsidown.

            I'd still want one
            Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

            Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

            Comment

            • #7
              ask80
              Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 229

              or you can get a regular semi shotgun like the rem 1187 or benelli m1

              Comment

              • #8
                JHC
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2005
                • 1382

                Do these have gas systems like AKs or does recoil reset the action? If it has a gas system then one could disable it and have a cool looking pump Saiga with detatchable mags.

                Comment

                • #9
                  blkA4alb
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 3576

                  Originally posted by nosewitdot
                  would a bullet button mod work?
                  Originally posted by MrTuffPaws
                  Having to remove the mag to load it is still a removable mag and or a use once and throw away gun.
                  No it is not when using the bullet button release. It does not have a detachable magazine and has an attachable magazine.
                  Please, calm down.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Richie Rich
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 607

                    I have mentioned this before and it was generally dismissed as "not legal". I don't see why an AR with an "attachable" mag is legal and a Saiga 12 with one is somehow any different.

                    Thought it might have something to do with the laws that pertain just to shotguns, but have not found anything specific.

                    I want one as well....
                    sigpic
                    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Ben Franklin

                    Congrats Matt

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      kilword
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 970

                      get the FN SLP if you want a semi 12ga

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        MrTuffPaws
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 2156

                        Originally posted by blkA4alb
                        No it is not when using the bullet button release. It does not have a detachable magazine and has an attachable magazine.
                        Legal? Not until it goes to court and the gun owner wins. Buy all means, please be the test case.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          scifiguy13
                          Junior Member
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 9

                          Originally posted by MrTuffPaws
                          Legal? Not until it goes to court and the gun owner wins. Buy all means, please be the test case.
                          By this logic everyone who has an OLL AR with a bullet button release is committing a felony until a court rules otherwise. From the DOJ's own website:

                          12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

                          (7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

                          With the current interpretation of "ability to accept a detachable magazine" being that if a tool is required to release the magazine the magazine is not detachable and the gun does not have this feature, what relevant difference is there between an OLL AR and the Saiga 12? Simply because the DOJ is unwilling to declare that the bullet button is legal does not make it automatically illegal. And yes, I am planning on getting one as soon as the funds are available.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            VeryCoolCat
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 11275

                            You can buy that beretta extrema2 and practice trick shooting.
                            Originally posted by Kestryll
                            The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
                            Originally posted by ivanimal
                            Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              -hanko
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Jul 2002
                              • 14174

                              Originally posted by TacticalTim
                              I like how the bullet button works, but I wouldn't put it on my rifles. My friend knows a guy who is a gun expert that is a paid by the State of CA to say " this or that is illegal" and he warned my friend not to get a bullet button, because a real bullet isn't considered a tool. I don't agree, but this is what I was told. So, I went with the Prince 50. It would be great if the state approved the bullet or the Prince 50 kit.
                              I just gotta' raise the bravo-sierra flag on the bullet tip not being a tool...is this moron saying a fake bullet IS a tool??

                              What's the "expert's" name??

                              -hanko
                              True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                              Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                              Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                              A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1