Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I NEED SOME HELP WITH SHIPPING

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JOHNNYBOY1937
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 7

    I NEED SOME HELP WITH SHIPPING

    HEY EVERYONE, I'M JOHNNY AND I JUST JOINED CALGUNS.NET.

    I NEED SOME INFORMATION, SO IF YOU GUYS COULD PLEASE HELP ME OUT, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT...

    A BUDDY OF MINE IS VISITING OUT IN NORTH DAKOTA AND FOUND A COACH DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN FOR ME IN A GUN STORE.. I THINK IT IS WITHIN THE CALIFORNIA GUIDE LINES , AS FAR AS BARREL SIZE AND OVERALL SIZE MATTERS (BUT I'M NOT FOR SURE). CAN HE SHIP IT TO ME FROM NORTH DAKOTA TO LOS ANGELES WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS?? AND IF SO, WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND?

    ALSO, WOULD IT BE BETTER TO BUY ONE IN LOS ANGELES OR CALIFORNIA SO I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH ANY ISSUES?? I WANT A 12 GAUGE 18 INCH OR LESS, DOUBLE BARREL.. THANKS.
  • #2
    DREADNOUGHT78
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2009
    • 4147

    Support CA buy local. Plus even if you find it cheaper out of state the transfer fee's will more than likely kill that deal.

    Comment

    • #3
      joeyriv
      Member
      • May 2008
      • 336

      ^^ This.... and welcome to Calguns
      For those who fight for it, Freedom has a flavor the Protected will never know.

      Comment

      • #4
        paul0660
        In Memoriam
        • Jul 2007
        • 15669

        Turn of the caps and check out Big 5, I think they have them on sale again. It will cost price+tax+$25 for dros.
        *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

        Comment

        • #5
          Capt_Communist
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 851

          Welcome to Calguns!

          Regarding the shipping of the gun, it would have to go from North Dakota to an FFL in California. He can't just ship it to you. They you would have to register the shotgun and wait your 10 days.

          Fees you would be looking at would be a transfer fee from the receiving FFL (anywhere from 50-250 from what I've herd) then you would be looking at DROS another 25 bucks).

          I would suggest if you're just looking for an average, nothing special coach gun to go to Big 5 and pick one up there... It would be simpler and cheaper.

          just my 2cents,

          Good luck and again, welcome

          Comment

          • #6
            Killawhale415
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 1118

            Less than 18 inch = no go
            Name: Dobalina, Mr.Bob Dobalina
            Originally posted by kielbasavw
            There's a reason why the feds stopped using the 10mm it went right through the enemy every time, so they moved to the .40.
            Originally posted by walter
            I was at Calguns before you

            Comment

            • #7
              JOHNNYBOY1937
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 7

              Thank you for the replies. I found out that the coach gun is a Stoeger with a 18 barrel. I would rather buy it here in Ca., and not have to deal with the shipping and extra costs...

              Would I be able to purchase the same shotgun here in Los Angeles (California)?

              Comment

              • #8
                Rob454
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Feb 2006
                • 11254

                Originally posted by JOHNNYBOY1937
                Thank you for the replies. I found out that the coach gun is a Stoeger with a 18 barrel. I would rather buy it here in Ca., and not have to deal with the shipping and extra costs...

                Would I be able to purchase the same shotgun here in Los Angeles (California)?

                yes 18 inch barrel is the minimum barrel length for a shotgun. Most likely all youll find is 18 1/2 inch barrels. i think they add in that extra 1/2 inch for safety. but as long as the gun is a overall length of ( I believe 28 inches might be 26 but I cant remember) and a barrel length of 18 you're good to go.

                Comment

                • #9
                  GunSlut
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • May 2008
                  • 71

                  Originally posted by JOHNNYBOY1937
                  Thank you for the replies. I found out that the coach gun is a Stoeger with a 18 barrel. I would rather buy it here in Ca., and not have to deal with the shipping and extra costs...

                  Would I be able to purchase the same shotgun here in Los Angeles (California)?

                  Yes you can.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    khw9mm
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 1072

                    Check the private firearms sales section. Here's one:

                    WANT TO SELL

                    WTS: CZ455 MANNERS Rimfire 22lr TRAINER

                    WTS: BENCH-SOURCE ANNEALER

                    Comment

                    • #11
                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1