Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Know any one in SOCAL who will convert Saiga 12?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • xs2k
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 829

    Know any one in SOCAL who will convert Saiga 12?

    Any one here knows any body in SoCal that will convert a Saiga-12? If I bring them the gun, how much for parts + labor?

    Thanks
  • #2
    supermario
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 4569

    I dont think there is any official gunshop in SoCal that converts saigas unfortunately. This has been asked alot and usually there is not anybody. There may be several calgunners that are capable of doing great work but i dont think they want to becus it gets complicated with manufacturing laws!
    Just ship it to PRK in Fresno or CWS in Highland or Cadiz Gun works. Cadiz gun works is the only authorized repair center for Saiga, so you will be sure to have any factory problems fixed if there are any. Saiga 12 sometimes have had cycling issues becus of improperly drilled gas ports, if you happen to have those problems, Cadiz gun works will fix the problem for free if its a factory issue and then you can have the conversion done by them also. Wherever you go, it will cost about $500 for parts and labor. It usually $200 parts and $300 for the work. I have searched alot and the it seems those are the common prices. You can probably save $$ if you buy the parts yourself here and there.
    Last edited by supermario; 03-28-2010, 10:00 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      makav3li
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 1048

      is Enterprise offering conversions in LA?

      Comment

      • #4
        mxadam579
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 895

        talk to t&a armory i talked to the guy at the gun show today and he said he does them there i think there in santa ana

        Comment

        • #5
          hlcarbine
          Member
          • Jul 2009
          • 241

          U should do it yourself. Its not hard and u can buy conversion kits online. I don't recommend using mississippi auto arms they continually lied to me about sending the parts and in the end took over a month and sent me the wrong parts...
          But u can you tube converting the saiga 12, it took me about 4 hours to do mine.

          Comment

          • #6
            psssniper
            CGN Contributor
            • Oct 2005
            • 3060

            Not that hard to do assuming that you're handy with basic hand tools. I'm a total WECSOG and I completely converted mine and welded on some HK sights.

            "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness; I love only that which they defend.
            victus exaro somniculosus, somnus exaro ieiunium

            Comment

            • #7
              supermario
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 4569

              Originally posted by mxadam579
              talk to t&a armory i talked to the guy at the gun show today and he said he does them there i think there in santa ana


              Oh really? Did you happen to see any of the shotguns they converted? What about pricing? You have anymore info you can share about their services. Its good to know somebody local doing conversions

              Comment

              • #8
                xs2k
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2007
                • 829

                Originally posted by psssniper
                Not that hard to do assuming that you're handy with basic hand tools. I'm a total WECSOG and I completely converted mine and welded on some HK sights.


                I don't have to go to a shop. Assuming if it's legal, anyone here in Socal converted one themselves and would like to make some extra cash...let me know the parts you need. I'll pay for labor. PM me the price your asking.

                EDIT:

                Last edited by xs2k; 03-29-2010, 6:24 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  xs2k
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 829

                  Can I legally install this on my S12 and still be 992r compliant?



                  I'll be using 10 rounds "US" made mags. Can someone explain in a detail a little better about modifying the s12 and still be 992r compliant?

                  Thanks

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    TZL
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 3197

                    no, you need to fix the stock, a collapsible stock on a S12 is a no-no

                    Originally posted by xs2k
                    Can I legally install this on my S12 and still be 992r compliant?



                    I'll be using 10 rounds "US" made mags. Can someone explain in a detail a little better about modifying the s12 and still be 992r compliant?

                    Thanks

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Rob454
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 11254

                      this^^^^

                      As for the conversion i looked into it. its really not that hard to do.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1