Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington 870 Swivel Stud

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shoupdawg
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 2362

    Remington 870 Swivel Stud

    Hi Folks - I spent about an hour searching on Calguns and Google, but to be sure, I would like to ask you all. I'm looking for a sling swivel stud to find the barrel clamp of my Remington 870.



    I found this (YHM-9469 Swivel Stud) but want to know if it fits the 870 barrel clamp.



    Another member shared this (REMINGTON M870/1100/1187 MAGAZINE CLAMP & SWIV STUD) with me, but I'd rather just have the YHM if it fits as it's less than half the size after shipping.



    Any thoughts?

    THanks in advance!
    Mag Lite (3 cell w/LED)
    Mace (Bear)
    Puppy (Lab Staff)
  • #2
    Joe22
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 960

    Looks like either will work.. The stud should fit your clamp..

    Comment

    • #3
      shoupdawg
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 2362

      Originally posted by Joe22
      Looks like either will work.. The stud should fit your clamp..
      Joe - Have you used it? Eyeballing the opening in my clamp and then eyeballing the stud...it seems like the hole is too big and the stud is too small?
      Mag Lite (3 cell w/LED)
      Mace (Bear)
      Puppy (Lab Staff)

      Comment

      • #4
        aippi
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 2302

        I am not sure that stud will fit as the QD stud on the remingotn clamp is pressed on. The bracket you have is for a weapon that has a dedicated forend light as you don't want the sling infront of the light so I don't put a stud on that bracket. The price of that brack in the link is a good price as they comst much more then that retail. Be safe, get the Remington bracket with the QD stud.
        JD McGuire, Owner
        AI&P Tactical
        Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
        Mossberg LE Armorer
        www.aiptactical.com
        www.tacticalgunslings.com
        If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

        Comment

        • #5
          LB21
          Member
          • Aug 2008
          • 158

          20 bucks for a remington bracket is a good deal. I'd do that one then sell the old bracket to get back some of my money.

          Comment

          • #6
            Garand1911
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2002
            • 1443



            heres what i did, problem solved
            "I saved your life, AND brought you pizza" -- Me

            Comment

            • #7
              aippi
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2009
              • 2302

              Before anone installs an after market sling plate between the barrel ring and the mag tube coupling of an 870 they should messure their mag tube. It should be 11.5" long. Problem is that even at that length you are taking away threads form the mag tube coupling. If you ever saw a Remington tube exentsion or other tube extension on an 870 go down range, check and see if the guy has an after market sling plate. Good chance he does and the mag tube is a little short.

              Sad but true that many of the mag tubes are coming a tad short and if you are anywhere shorter then 11.5" then forget the after market sling plate. You may get by with a 1/16 short but anything shorter is pushing it.
              JD McGuire, Owner
              AI&P Tactical
              Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
              Mossberg LE Armorer
              www.aiptactical.com
              www.tacticalgunslings.com
              If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

              Comment

              • #8
                shoupdawg
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 2362

                I think I'll just get a brand new clamp like JD and LB21 mentioned. I also read that with the sling plate, it gets uncomfy if you end up having to carry the shotgun for an extended period of time, which is why I would use a sling.

                Thanks All!
                Mag Lite (3 cell w/LED)
                Mace (Bear)
                Puppy (Lab Staff)

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1