Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mossberg 930

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mjhworth
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 118

    Mossberg 930

    I am in So Cal (IE) Anyone know who has these in stock???? (SPX, or Tactical) Or who to order through?
  • #2
    Dirtbiker
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 2810

    Buy one off of gunbroker or go to Bud's Gun Shop.

    You can send it to Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

    Thomas Jefferson

    Comment

    • #3
      jt1911
      Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 243

      I saw some 930's( HD, not SPX) down at at Field Time Sports.

      Comment

      • #4
        Average Joe American
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 582

        So is the Mossberg 930 SPX with the pistol grip stock "legal" in Ca? I would think it is since the law says it cant have a collapsible or folding stock. Just having a pistol grip shotgun is not enough to make it illegal right? Sorry for the dumb questions. I live in Nevada right now.

        Comment

        • #5
          lazyworm
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2006
          • 1642

          Originally posted by Average Joe American
          So is the Mossberg 930 SPX with the pistol grip stock "legal" in Ca? I would think it is since the law says it cant have a collapsible or folding stock. Just having a pistol grip shotgun is not enough to make it illegal right? Sorry for the dumb questions. I live in Nevada right now.
          I don't think the 930 comes with a pistol grip, at least I haven't seen 1.
          As for legality, see the "CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart" link at the top
          of this page.

          Comment

          • #6
            shaunbowler@yahoo.com
            Member
            • Nov 2009
            • 309

            I have a 930SPX with pistol grip. I live in the SF Bay Area.
            It is legal in CA.
            It took me 4 months to get one.

            Comment

            • #7
              Lucky Scott
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 2610

              One in the for sale section right now.

              Comment

              • #8
                Average Joe American
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 582

                I just read the Ca DOJ law and its legal since it doesnt fold or collapse and the magazine isnt detachable. I have one and I am good to go.

                Comment

                • #9
                  MossbergMan
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 1255

                  If you get a PG on a Mossberg you defeat use of the safety. Mossberg safeties are on the top of the receiver. If you are of the mindset use of the safety on a SG is for sissys, then by all means get one.

                  I own and operate a Mossberg 930SPX with a "straigh stock". I use the safety. I carry on safe. I can deploy from the "ready" and hit a target at 7 yards in .49 of a second, disengaging the safety on the way up. It's how you train not your equipment.

                  If you want or need a pistol grip for personal or health reasons, consider one of the other manufactures such as Remington, Benelli/Beretta, FNH. All have cross bolt safeties around the trigger guard and PG would be appropriate on those models.

                  But the SPX is an awsome gun.
                  Larry Renner
                  Plus (+) P Proficiency LLC
                  NRA and CA. P.O.S.T certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Tactical Instructor.
                  You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ballistic043
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 1704

                    why is the safety suddenly useless just because you cant use it in one suave fluid motion? just move up and flick the safety on. unless you are in some kind of speed safety competition or something.
                    Last edited by Ballistic043; 03-16-2010, 10:11 AM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MossbergMan
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 1255

                      Ideally you should be storing loaded and moving with the safety on. You cannot DIS-engage the safety (without breaking your grip on the gun) in one swift motion on the Mossbergs fitted with a PG. Placing the gun on safe is adminstrative and is a non-issue.

                      But like I stated, if you don't use the safety devices on your guns...it's your responsibility/liability. It's a matter of training. Do you carry a 1911 with the safety off? It's the same thing with the shotgun, it's a single action trigger with no firing pin block and no grip safety either.

                      That's why I don't care for PG on Mossberg shotguns
                      Larry Renner
                      Plus (+) P Proficiency LLC
                      NRA and CA. P.O.S.T certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Tactical Instructor.
                      You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1