Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Stoeger coach guns thoughts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LB21
    Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 158

    Stoeger coach guns thoughts?

    Any opinions on this? I got a chance to handle one but didn't get to fire it, it looked pretty good, good enough to get me interested. Is it a good buy or are there better double barrels out there?
  • #2
    midvalleyshooter
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 1562

    The only way to get a better double is to pay more. The Stoeger coach gun has proved to be a good sturdy gun in cowboy action shooting where the guns get shot a lot and handled rough.

    The next step up is to buy an SKB or Browning BSS double and have it gunsmithed into a coach gun. Your looking at 1000+ for the latter route. The Stoegers go in the 400ish range.

    YMMV,
    Keith

    Comment

    • #3
      BigDogatPlay
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2007
      • 7362

      I owned a Stoeger coach gun for quite a while. Well made, tight, a good shooter and a good value. They will stand up to whatever sport or purpose you want to put them to.

      As above, seen a lot in cowboy action shooting.
      -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

      Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

      Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

      Comment

      • #4
        LB21
        Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 158

        Thanks for the input guys. I don't really want to spend too much, 400 -600 is my range so this should fit the bill.

        Time to shop around...

        Comment

        • #5
          hawk81
          Banned
          • Dec 2007
          • 1489

          I have a nickel plated one and the nickel is flaking off.

          Comment

          • #6
            Ed_Hazard
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2008
            • 5146

            You could always get the tactcool model.

            Originally Posted by Sic Boy
            And I bet Jobs surfs porn. If he doesn't, I'll eat a live baby on stage at the next Apple event.
            Originally posted by AJAX22
            Don't F with those guys... they can probably use their teabag to inflict blunt force trauma.


            Comment

            • #7
              jamesob
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 4821

              i like mine. i picked mine up for 20.00 at the friends of the nra dinner a few years ago. i dumped my last 2 tickets into the bucket and won it.

              Comment

              • #8
                LB21
                Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 158

                Bleh...the tacticool model is just plain butt ugly to me.. For tacticool, I have my 870..

                Plating flaking off? How long have you had it and how much use has it seen? If anything, I was going to go for the blued model anyway.

                Comment

                • #9
                  hawk81
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 1489

                  I have shot it maybe 100 times and had it 2 years. I also don't like the fact that it automatically goes to safety when you break it open.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Hank Dodge
                    Member
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 369

                    BUY ONE


                    I've had my Coach Gun at least fifteen years now. It's the 12 gauge blued model. I love it. It's seen many thousands of rounds and some very hard use. They are a bit stiff when they are new, but they break in nicely and are built like a bank vault. You will not regret buying one.

                    Hank
                    "Shoot them big guns....You can see the holes better!!"
                    What say the Brethren! ECV 1797

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1