I have a Spanish side by side 10ga that was made in late 1950's. You don't see guns or ammo in 10ga all that often. Just curious to see who else has a shotgun in 10 gauge. Not being able to use steel ammo in my gun sucks. Not being able to legally hunt with it in some areas sucks too. I consider my gun mainly a curiosity/conversation piece.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Who has a 10ga?
Collapse
X
-
I don't have one but I've always wanted one.
Tell you what. I'll buy you a cold beer if you fire off both barrels at the same time with these rounds. Federal Cartridge 10 Gauge Game-Shok Rifled Slugs, 3 1/2", Mag.Dram,1 3/4oz, HP.

-
Look at my name Khram. I have a Mag-10. I would like to get a Road Blocker barrel for it someday.Last edited by 10ga-killa; 02-18-2010, 8:23 PM.Comment
-
I have an Ithaca Mag 10 and have owned several others through the years. The Spanish build a wide spectrum of great to marginal guns. Some of the AYAs are breathtaking then there are others.....There was a Spanish 10 gauge that was popular called the Mercury Magnum. It was safe enough, of course pre 3 1/2" shells. Sort of a mid grade gun that looked great form 5' but the parts fit was a little shoddy when you looked close. This was pre steel shot. I am sure that someone will have some knowledge about using steel in these old girls. I also have a LC Smith Hammer 10 gauge built around the turn of the century that I have always shot modern loads with. Not heavy magnums but full smokeless loads. Ithaca made a version of mine called the "RoadBlocker" that was for HD and Police use.Comment
-
"RoadBlocker"I have an Ithaca Mag 10 and have owned several others through the years. The Spanish build a wide spectrum of great to marginal guns. Some of the AYAs are breathtaking then there are others.....There was a Spanish 10 gauge that was popular called the Mercury Magnum. It was safe enough, of course pre 3 1/2" shells. Sort of a mid grade gun that looked great form 5' but the parts fit was a little shoddy when you looked close. This was pre steel shot. I am sure that someone will have some knowledge about using steel in these old girls. I also have a LC Smith Hammer 10 gauge built around the turn of the century that I have always shot modern loads with. Not heavy magnums but full smokeless loads. Ithaca made a version of mine called the "RoadBlocker" that was for HD and Police use.
Originally posted by 69Mach1The virgin requires more work (don't they all
)
Originally posted by 69Mach1Z gets around. lol
Comment
-
I have an Ithaca MAG-10 Roadblocker. Some years ago one of the SoCal gunshops was blowing out their stock of 10g Federal Premium buckshot ammo; I pretty much bought them out and am glad I did. I have plenty of ammo for it but rarely shoot it anymore. I only wish I could extend the mag capacity but it doesn't seem possible with the design.sigpic
"Wherever I Walk,
Everyone Is a Little Bit Safer Because I Am There.
Wherever I Am,
Anyone In Need Has a Friend.
Whenever I Return Home,
Everyone Is Happy I Am There." - "The Warrior Creed" ~ Robert L. HumphreyComment
-
There are lots of rounds out there you can use that aren't steel. I've got a few older shotguns, and the Bismuth and Tungsten-Matrix rounds are fine in non lead waterfowl areas. The downside is that they are fairly expensive. But that makes you a better shot... ;-)
Take a look at Cabela's and other places online. Doubtful most of the local stores carry them but you never know. 10ga will be a bit tougher to find, but it's out there.
Love to see some pics of that gun. I love old doubles.
I have a Spanish side by side 10ga that was made in late 1950's. You don't see guns or ammo in 10ga all that often. Just curious to see who else has a shotgun in 10 gauge. Not being able to use steel ammo in my gun sucks. Not being able to legally hunt with it in some areas sucks too. I consider my gun mainly a curiosity/conversation piece.NRA LIFE MemberComment
-
Believe it or not but I think I have seen 10GA @ Big 5 before. I could have been wrong but I think I saw it last time I was there.There are lots of rounds out there you can use that aren't steel. I've got a few older shotguns, and the Bismuth and Tungsten-Matrix rounds are fine in non lead waterfowl areas. The downside is that they are fairly expensive. But that makes you a better shot... ;-)
Take a look at Cabela's and other places online. Doubtful most of the local stores carry them but you never know. 10ga will be a bit tougher to find, but it's out there.
Love to see some pics of that gun. I love old doubles.Originally posted by 69Mach1The virgin requires more work (don't they all
)
Originally posted by 69Mach1Z gets around. lol
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,540
Posts: 25,148,825
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18122 users online. 57 members and 18065 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment