I need some help. I have to opportunity to be given a mossberg 500. The thing is, I don't know anything about it registration or history. Is there any way I can register it to myself? Or find out who it was registered to last?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gift shotgun
Collapse
X
-
Registration is not mandatory for long guns. You're only asking for trouble if you voluntarily register a firearm.
Questions to ask yourself. Who is giving you the gun? Do you trust him/her? Where did they get the gun? -
what about the 50 year law? If the guns over 50 yrs or something? i got a .22 at a gun show in Ferndale right before Xmas in o8 cash and carry.Comment
-
Yes That is C&R as long as its 50 years or more its C&C in state (I think that some guns are on a list or something that even though they are 50 or more years old they still dont count I think iv seen that with some SKS's)WTB M38 mosin
sigpicComment
-
As others have stated, there is no registration for long guns.
More info is needed. Who is gifting it to you?
IIRC, family transfer only applies to parent/child transfers. It's illegal to gift a firearm to your cousin, or even your sibling. It would have to go through PPT if it's not coming from you parent or child.Comment
-
Comment
-
playing it legally - shotgun transferred to daughter = no paperwork. Shotgun transferred from daughter to you = PPT + 10 day wait. If it's sent in from out of state, make sure it's CA legal, and have it shipped to an FFL - just like if if you were purchasing it - except the purchase price is $0. Make sure to talk to the FFL beforehand to get everything squared away.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,412
Posts: 25,147,523
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23620 users online. 45 members and 23575 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.




Comment