Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What is this extra lip for?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • creampuff
    • Jan 2006
    • 3730

    What is this extra lip for?

    My expended shells have been hanging up on my Vang Comp and not extracting. Originally I thought I just needed to smooth out the chamber. However, after polishing the chamber, it still hangs up. In fact, the Vang comp is now smoother than my factory barrel. My factory barrel extracts with no problem. the Vang comp has issues.

    Looking inside the chamber, I see now that the Vang comp has an extra lip or crown or..I don't know what to call it. It is enough, that the expended shell catches on it, and doesn't extract. I'll give Vang comp a call on Monday, but until then:

    Does anyone know why there is an extra crown?




    Last edited by Creampuff; 01-09-2010, 11:55 AM. Reason: typing like a first grader
  • #2
    FastFinger
    In Memoriam
    • Aug 2007
    • 2983

    For a moment there I thought I was going to see this photo



    Very grateful that wasn't the case!
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      creampuff
      • Jan 2006
      • 3730

      Originally posted by FastFinger
      For a moment there I thought I was going to see this photo


      Very grateful that wasn't the case!
      Yes, but I think I would have posted that in the OT section

      By the way does anyone the right terminology for whatever I am calling this lip/crown/watchamacallit thingie?
      Last edited by Creampuff; 01-09-2010, 12:12 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        aippi
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 2302

        There is nothing to call it as it is not susposed to be there. Vang Comp does not make the barrel, Remington does and what I am seeing was most likely there when Vang Comp got the barrel. They simply missed it as Remington quality control has gone to hell on barrels and I am getting all kinds of garbage from them these days.

        Hans backs everything he does. Do not try and remove that yourself. Call them, e-mail them the picture you have and they will make it right.
        JD McGuire, Owner
        AI&P Tactical
        Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
        Mossberg LE Armorer
        www.aiptactical.com
        www.tacticalgunslings.com
        If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

        Comment

        • #5
          FastFinger
          In Memoriam
          • Aug 2007
          • 2983

          Originally posted by aippi
          They simply missed it as Remington quality control has gone to hell on barrels and I am getting all kinds of garbage from them these days.
          Damn those Chinese 870 clones!

          Ooops - sorry!

          Misread that as "They simply missed it as Norinco quality control has gone to hell on barrels and I am getting all kinds of garbage from them these days."


          My bad, never-mind
          Last edited by FastFinger; 01-09-2010, 2:48 PM.
          sigpic

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1