Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I got an evil Chicom 982 from big 5 (With Pics)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fmfcorpsman
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 96

    I got an evil Chicom 982 from big 5 (With Pics)

    My 10 day wait was over and I picked it up at 10:00 today. I added a Hogue stock set, tacstar side saddle, stock shell holder, and cleaned it up a bit. Still waiting for my light mounting set up and end cap with sling swivel. For those who want to get one and use a side saddle, you have to get a shorter forend or trim a lot off the original one or it wont work.

    For a made in China 870 type clone it is good quality and a good deal. I have shot a buddy's and it shot and handled very well.


    I love my 982!!






    -Doc
  • #2
    Kali_M14
    Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 396

    can't wait to get mine on the 14th...ordered my ext from max100
    The user formerly known as PRKnative

    Comment

    • #3
      fmfcorpsman
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 96

      Let me know how you like the extension and how hard it was to put it on. I want one myself.

      Comment

      • #4
        matrix056
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 684

        Zombies dont stand a chance

        Comment

        • #5
          fmfcorpsman
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 96

          My zombie preparation told me I had to get a Pancho Villa 50 round bandoleer and it is worth every penny.

          Comment

          • #6
            Okami
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1879

            Nice looking Boomstick!

            Comment

            • #7
              Davidk
              Member
              • Aug 2006
              • 196

              Got mine yesterday but I haven't had any time off work to play with it
              sigpicNRA Life Member

              Comment

              • #8
                twotap
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2009
                • 2825

                Lookin Good !

                Comment

                • #9
                  doodoostain
                  Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 321

                  i went to big 5 today to start the process on one of these but i ended up getting the mossberg combo. i only wish i could get a magtube extension like you guys.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Mug
                    Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 249

                    What did you do/add to the front ramp sight? I noticed the white area and mine came all black.

                    I painted the tiny dimple on the small blade the sits on the front ramp.

                    I used finger nail polish... I mean tactical sight paint (hey, i bought it in the sporting goods sections with some 12 ga. shells).

                    First I used white, then a hi-viz orange. This set-up is good for situations where there is a significant amount of light.

                    I'm thinking of painting the face (the side that faces me and surrounds the dimple) of the small blade white for faster sight acquisitions.

                    I've also done some research into epoxying a tritium dot on that small blade.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      FastFinger
                      In Memoriam
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 2983

                      I used some porcelain touch up paint, stuff holds up well.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        fmfcorpsman
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 96

                        I used white out, but it is starting to flake. I am waiting to get some orange model paint and some masking tape to do a really good job. I like having the entire top portion of the sight painted because just painting the dimple is not enough for me. It is not like it is a precession weapon, more point and shoot.
                        Last edited by fmfcorpsman; 01-08-2010, 9:04 AM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          vinny_land
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Dec 2007
                          • 3374

                          I used my girlfriends yellow nail polish. Seems to hold up well so far.
                          "1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jonni
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 597

                            @fmfcorpsman

                            did the hogue forend and stock come with the tool needed to swap out forends or did you already have one/borrowed one?

                            I pick mine up this wed
                            WTB: Yugo 7.62x39, 22lr, Finnish M28/39

                            "I don't know we made brownies. And I think we're dead. Time is going by really really really really slow."

                            -Former cop, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnZb5wi_jsU

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              fmfcorpsman
                              Junior Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 96

                              The stock I used my socket set and the forend I used some needle nose pliers

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1