Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Stock for 870?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shawn L
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 1783

    Stock for 870?

    Help me decide what stock to put on my Remington 870. So far I'm leaning towards the Mesa Tactical LEO model with Magpul MOE kit. Speedfeed another options is the Speedfeed 4-s. I don't want the Knoxx.
    For all your shooting needs contact Tom Reese @ FirePower Depot. www.firepowerdepot.com

    sigpic
  • #2
    acorn
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 1682

    ++ for the Mesa LEO but very expensive. I personally don't like the way the Knoxx looks.

    Comment

    • #3
      NERVOUS
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 76

      Do you have any particular requirements for the replacement stock (i.e. adjustable length, recoil reduction, etc)?

      I have the Blackhawk Knoxx Spec Ops stock (with PowerPak system) on my 870. My primary reason for selecting this stock was for the recoil reduction benefits; which make it possible for my wife to comfortably fire the weapon.
      JA

      Comment

      • #4
        axhoaxho
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jun 2009
        • 10087

        I like to keep mine simple... a Hogue 12" L.O.P. stock. It also came standard with a decent recoil pad.

        Regards,

        Comment

        • #5
          prc77
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 2578

          Originally posted by axhoaxho
          I like to keep mine simple... a Hogue 12" L.O.P. stock. It also came standard with a decent recoil pad.

          Regards,
          +1 on the Hogue 12" LOP
          C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
          83-85

          USPSA CRO
          MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun


          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            trapshot68
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 1082

            ^^ I've played with those and really like them, but my current setup is a Speedfeed IV-S (13" lop with pistol grip) and a very good pad.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              eccvets
              Banned
              • Jul 2008
              • 1243

              Note that with the mesa tatical stock, you will need to some how raise the comb area if you use any type of sights. the knoxx specops offers the power pack which raises the comb area for you.

              Comment

              • #8
                Shawn L
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 1783

                I'm not plaining on using any optics on the 870. I like the look of the Mesa but I also want something that feels good. I heard some people have issues with the Knoxx hitting them in the face.
                For all your shooting needs contact Tom Reese @ FirePower Depot. www.firepowerdepot.com

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  SanSacto
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 2205

                  Originally posted by Shawn L
                  Help me decide what stock to put on my Remington 870. So far I'm leaning towards the Mesa Tactical LEO model with Magpul MOE kit. Speedfeed another options is the Speedfeed 4-s. I don't want the Knoxx.
                  What a coincidence! I am also trying to decide which tactical stock for the 870 I am getting soon, and I am thinking exactly like you on this topic. I have been looking at the Mesa Tactical adapters with a AR-15 stock or a Speedfeed IV-S.

                  What's the difference between the Mesa Tactical low stock kit and the LEO stock kit? This is my number one choice but it is the most expensive. The stock adapter, hydraulic recoil buffer and a AR-15 stock will be around $300!

                  Because the Mesa Tactical setup I want is out of my budget, I think I am going to go with the Speedfeed IV-s stock because it fits all the requirements I am looking for. It has a stock & pistol grip combo and it features a shortened trigger pull....all for less than $100! Maybe one day I can upgrade to the Mesa Tactical setup.

                  [EDIT: I also think the Knoxx SpecOps is ugly!]
                  Last edited by SanSacto; 01-06-2010, 9:11 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    shoupdawg
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 2362

                    Originally posted by prc77
                    +1 on the Hogue 12" LOP
                    +1. I like the forend too but that goes on only when I'm going to the range. At home, the surefire goes on there.

                    I like the hogue because of lop and i dislike pistol grips.
                    Mag Lite (3 cell w/LED)
                    Mace (Bear)
                    Puppy (Lab Staff)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      eccvets
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 1243

                      people which are hit in the face with the knoxx stock have the stock way too short or are putting their face way too close to the butt of the gun. In anycase, if you dont like the knoxx stock, you must thing M16's/ar15's are ugly as well...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        NERVOUS
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 76

                        Originally posted by Shawn L
                        I'm not plaining on using any optics on the 870. I like the look of the Mesa but I also want something that feels good. I heard some people have issues with the Knoxx hitting them in the face.
                        Being hit in the face with the Balckhawk Knoxx SpecOps stock is primarily due to people using the it incorrectly.
                        JA

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Redlinegts
                          Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 348

                          When I get an 870, I plan on using the Cavalry Arms stock.



                          If you don't have the tactical rail on top, that also adds the rail. I think I can build pretty clean looking 870 with some magpul accessories using that. Dr. Drake from Magpul has that for his shotgun. It looks a lot more comfortable and sleek than the Knoxx and Mesa Tactical stocks IMHO.
                          Last edited by Redlinegts; 01-06-2010, 10:17 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Shawn L
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 1783

                            ^ Don't have that kind of money.
                            For all your shooting needs contact Tom Reese @ FirePower Depot. www.firepowerdepot.com

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SanSacto
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 2205

                              Originally posted by eccvets
                              people which are hit in the face with the knoxx stock have the stock way too short or are putting their face way too close to the butt of the gun. In anycase, if you dont like the knoxx stock, you must thing M16's/ar15's are ugly as well...
                              To be more specific, I don't like the M4 stocks on a 870. Call me picky, but that's what it is. I would definitely love a Mesa Tactical kit with a AR-15 stock that is not a regular M4 (CTR, ACS, etc.). Speedfeed IV-S for me though...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1