I have an extra barrel for my 870 and I'd like to cut the one without the vented rib down to make an HD shotgun. I don't want to make any mistakes on this one and put myself in a bad position. At what point is a barrel measured to 18"? Is it from where the receiver meets the barrel? Thanks for the help.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
18" Barrel Requirement
Collapse
X
-
18" Barrel Requirement
-jeremy
sigpicTags: None -
From the bolt face to the end of the barrel--or anything permanently attached to the barrel and protruding beyond the end of the bore.
To be on the safe side, most manufacturers cut shotgun barrels to 18.5"Originally posted by ChrisTKHarrisThat is one of the most idiotic statements I've heard. You are a retard. -
TYVM! I think 18.5 will be done J2B on the safe side.-jeremy
sigpicComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,453
Posts: 25,147,928
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22190 users online. 121 members and 22069 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment