Does any one know about the restrictions of having a Saiga 12GA in California? I heard that a fixed mag is required because of the pistol grip, but I also heard that only the 5 round model is compliant and the 10 round model is federally restricted. Something about too many moving parts or some b.s.? I would really like to own one but dont want to take any chances. Any knowledge of this subject would be greatly helpful. Thanks.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Saiga 12
Collapse
X
-
Saiga 12
Tags: None -

Mag lock and 10 rounds good to goOriginally posted by 69Mach1The virgin requires more work (don't they all
)
Originally posted by 69Mach1Z gets around. lol
-
I bought one of the first that were imported back in 1999 before 8-10 round mags were even offered. They are really fun to shoot but also very non-economical. I will be buying one for HD again soon as they are extremely reliable.sigpic
Private 10 acre range rentals
[/URL]Comment
-
-
fixed mag is required in CA regardless of pistol grip or not.. this is a shotgun not a rifle.
mag lock and any US made magazine = NOT good to go.
It needs to also be 922r compliant when taken out of its "sporting," 5 round, as-is, imported configuration..
the mag lock just satisfies CA law.
The magazine body, follower, and floor plate count as 3 parts, but you'll
also need at least one more US made part for it to be a legal configuration.
Easy enough to just change #9 on the list, the gas plug...
All systems failComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,470
Posts: 25,148,129
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22839 users online. 125 members and 22714 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment