Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

870 20gauge rifled barrel

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BB1776
    Member
    • Aug 2016
    • 439

    870 20gauge rifled barrel

    So, Santa brought my boy a new 870 20 gauge for Christmas. He loves it. I just put him in for a shotgun-only apprentice deer draw. But now I need a rifled barrel for him should he be lucky enough to pull a tag.

    Does anyone know if the old 870 barrels fit on the new 870s? They are hard to find but there are a few out there. They cost a pretty penny, though, so I don?t want to order something off EBay only to discover it won?t fit. I wish I could buy a new barrel but I don?t think Remarms sells them separately.

    Thanks in advance for your expertise!
  • #2
    L-2
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 1335

    I'm not aware of any barrel fitment issues/changes between the current Remarms 20 gauge 870 and older Remington 20 gauge 870 models.

    Go buy a barrel or find a combo (2 barrels) model R68873 which is a 20 gauge which comes with a 20" rifled barrel, but does have a long 14" LOP.
    The Remington 870 delivers rugged, reliable pump-action performance. Explore the 870 lineup, built for the hunt and made to last.
    (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

    Comment

    • #3
      W.R.Buchanan
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 3401

      If his barrel will accept Screw in Choke tubes then a "Carlson's Rifled Choke Tube" would fill the bill for about $60

      I have gotten really good results with said Carlson's Rifled Choke Tube in my 12 ga. M500. See Last post here. https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1651983

      Do realize he will need to be using Non Toxic Ammunition which in the case of a 20 ga will probably be a Factory Sabot Slug.

      He will get a set up that will perform nicely out to about 100 yards. He will also need Rifle Sights or a Scope on the gun.

      If the existing barrel doesn't take screw in chokes then the different barrel will be next.

      Hope this helps.

      Randy
      Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 05-30-2023, 1:12 PM.
      Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
      Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
      Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
      Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

      It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
      www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

      Comment

      • #4
        BB1776
        Member
        • Aug 2016
        • 439

        Great idea, Randy. This seems like a good (not to mention affordable) option! His gun is drilled for a scope so I think that set will work!

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1