Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Good price for a Maverick 88?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TonyTango
    Junior Member
    • May 2020
    • 30

    Good price for a Maverick 88?

    Looking to expand the family... how much should I be paying for a Maverick 88? Don't need the combo.
  • #2
    Quiet
    retired Goon
    • Mar 2007
    • 30242

    Current MSRP is $253, (combo is $283).
    sigpic

    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

    Comment

    • #3
      sigstroker
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2009
      • 19859

      Couple three years ago you could get them < $200. When I saw one recently for $238 I snapped it up. Be aware there are short magazine tube models, and long tube models. If you get a short tube, I'm not sure you can expand the capacity. It's not like a Remington or Mossberg.

      Comment

      • #4
        strakill
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 1484

        Originally posted by sigstroker
        Couple three years ago you could get them < $200. When I saw one recently for $238 I snapped it up. Be aware there are short magazine tube models, and long tube models. If you get a short tube, I'm not sure you can expand the capacity. It's not like a Remington or Mossberg.
        The Mossberg 500's have the fixed tube that the 88 uses but not the 590's if that makes any sense.
        Originally posted by superhondaz50
        I should note, I have a hookup..., just trying to determine the cost to put it in.
        Originally posted by beerman
        ...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.

        Comment

        • #5
          Ora Serrata
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2015
          • 1748

          They come up on CG marketplace around $200-250 depending on barrels. They are a Mossberg 500 with a couple different features (push button safety on trigger housing, and slide grip is different. Barrels are interchangeable with the 500, but you need to be aware if it's a 5-shot tube or a 7-shot tube.

          Comment

          • #6
            highpower
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2012
            • 5321

            I found one on an internet site new for $230. It was the long magazine tube version.

            Last edited by highpower; 08-18-2022, 6:44 PM.
            MLC member.

            Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

            Dumocraps suck balls.

            Comment

            • #7
              oddball
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 3329

              At Academy Sporting Goods here in TX, the 18.5" one goes for $219 (5+1)

              Riflegear in Fountain Valley has the 28" one for $229, and the 18.5" in FDE for 10 bucks more.
              _______________


              "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett

              Comment

              • #8
                deadcoyote
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 4002

                I just bought an 18.5” pistol grip only Maverick cruiser for $199 new in box. I didn’t want a pistol grip only shotgun but it was a great price and a used stock only set me back about $25. I live rural so you gotta jump on the random deals when they come up.
                Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  strakill
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 1484

                  Originally posted by highpower
                  I found one on an internet site new for $230. It was the long magazine tube version.

                  Simple but badazz, nice.
                  Originally posted by superhondaz50
                  I should note, I have a hookup..., just trying to determine the cost to put it in.
                  Originally posted by beerman
                  ...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1