Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mesa Tactical Side Saddle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • anthracite
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2020
    • 996

    Mesa Tactical Side Saddle

    Hello everyone,

    Was looking for a side saddle for a Beretta 1301 Comp, and found this article: http://blog.beretta.com/a-handy-upgr...a-1301-shotgun
    Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.
  • #2
    W.R.Buchanan
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 3397

    Hot tip: Don't use a Hard Side Saddle on your gun!

    Use a Velcro Side Saddle. The hard ones get in the way, and once on you can't readily take them off. once they are empty you have to stop everything to reload them.
    Not exactly speed friendly.



    The Velcro ones are attached with a piece of Velcro Tape and can be removed easily with no harm to the gun if you decide you don't want it on there any more.



    Also to reload one you simply rip off the empty one, and slap on another full carrier.



    Not to mention the best soft side saddles are $15! I use Brown Coat Tactical. They have 2,4,6,and 8 shell versions. 6 fits most receivers best.

    Looking for the best shotgun shell holder? Durable dual-layer webbing with secure elastic retention for fast tactical reloads. 12ga & 20ga.


    Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-30-2021, 10:51 AM.
    Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
    Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
    Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
    Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

    It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

    Comment

    • #3
      CWL
      Senior Member
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2009
      • 1488

      I also use the velcro shell holders although mine is mounted on the stock's butt. Reload strips fit into an AR mag pouch for ease of transport & carry.
      Vae Victis

      Comment

      • #4
        anthracite
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2020
        • 996

        Originally posted by W.R.Buchanan
        Hot tip: Don't use a Hard Side Saddle on your gun!

        Use a Velcro Side Saddle. The hard ones get in the way, and once on you can't readily take them off. once they are empty you have to stop everything to reload them.
        Not exactly speed friendly.



        The Velcro ones are attached with a piece of Velcro Tape and can be removed easily with no harm to the gun if you decide you don't want it on there any more.



        Also to reload one you simply rip off the empty one, and slap on another full carrier.



        Not to mention the best soft side saddles are $15! I use Brown Coat Tactical. They have 2,4,6,and 8 shell versions. 6 fits most receivers best.

        Looking for the best shotgun shell holder? Durable dual-layer webbing with secure elastic retention for fast tactical reloads. 12ga & 20ga.


        Randy
        Originally posted by CWL
        I also use the velcro shell holders although mine is mounted on the stock's butt. Reload strips fit into an AR mag pouch for ease of transport & carry.
        Wow thank you WR Buchanan and CWL! Just saved me a bunch of money. I saw the Velcro ones and just figured they reload the same, but did not even think about the convenience of throwing on another full velcro strip.

        Merry Christmas to you two! I'll check out the link provided.
        Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          W.R.Buchanan
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 3397

          Antricite: Do physically call them to order. I have seen some negative reviews on their Customer Service. Best to call them and actually talk to someone to make sure you get your product.

          There are also cheap Chinese ones on Ebay for $2-3 each and you can get a bunch of those. I am currently on a China Boycott since they tried to kill all of us, but many don't care about such things? I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Midway USA also has similar products. Plenty of choices out there, but In my estimation the Brown Coat ones are the best out there.

          Randy
          Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
          Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
          Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
          Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

          It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
          www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

          Comment

          • #6
            Boarhuntor
            Banned
            • Feb 2019
            • 760

            Originally posted by W.R.Buchanan
            I am currently on a China Boycott since they tried to kill all of us, but many don't care about such things? I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Midway USA also has similar products. Plenty of choices out there, but In my estimation the Brown Coat ones are the best out there.

            Randy
            And where do you think the Brown Coat ones made?

            Comment

            • #7
              Screagle
              Member
              • Apr 2020
              • 189

              Now the UK is trying to kill us

              Comment

              • #8
                L-2
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2007
                • 1335

                Both,

                and


                have hook & loop type shotgun ammo holders of various sizes. From some mild internet research, both companies' products are made in the USA. Of course things could change at a moments' notice in industry as to where something is made.

                I did first try some less expensive versions probably made in China I'd bought on Amazon. The elastic loops from these cheaper versions just didn't hold as well and were both sewn looser; and the elastic wasn't as wide as the ones I later bought from Esstac.

                I've read good/great reviews of both Esstac and Brown Coat Tactical products over the years.

                I'm also using some old-school "TacStar" side-saddles which have worked fine for me for several years:
                (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

                Comment

                • #9
                  anthracite
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2020
                  • 996

                  Originally posted by W.R.Buchanan
                  Antricite: Do physically call them to order. I have seen some negative reviews on their Customer Service. Best to call them and actually talk to someone to make sure you get your product.

                  There are also cheap Chinese ones on Ebay for $2-3 each and you can get a bunch of those. I am currently on a China Boycott since they tried to kill all of us, but many don't care about such things? I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  Midway USA also has similar products. Plenty of choices out there, but In my estimation the Brown Coat ones are the best out there.

                  Randy
                  Thank you WR Buchanan. I will admit when I went to order the other night after I initially responded, I hesitated because a lot of the reviews complain about exorbitant turn around times.

                  And no worries, I'm also on a China boycott. Funny it began shortly after joining the forums

                  Originally posted by L-2
                  Both,

                  and


                  have hook & loop type shotgun ammo holders of various sizes. From some mild internet research, both companies' products are made in the USA. Of course things could change at a moments' notice in industry as to where something is made.

                  I did first try some less expensive versions probably made in China I'd bought on Amazon. The elastic loops from these cheaper versions just didn't hold as well and were both sewn looser; and the elastic wasn't as wide as the ones I later bought from Esstac.

                  I've read good/great reviews of both Esstac and Brown Coat Tactical products over the years.

                  I'm also using some old-school "TacStar" side-saddles which have worked fine for me for several years:
                  https://www.lymanproducts.com/brands...r/side-saddles
                  Thank you L-2 for the additional options and support of Browncoat. The feedback is also extremely helpful
                  Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    W.R.Buchanan
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 3397

                    Originally posted by Boarhuntor
                    And where do you think the Brown Coat ones made?
                    I believe they are in Arkansas.

                    Randy
                    Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
                    Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
                    Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
                    Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

                    It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
                    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Ragemachine
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 566

                      I just ordered SKD Tactical Esstac shotgun cards 5-shot. Let me install it to my Mossberg 930 spx. I will post pics and what I think.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1