Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best value inertia shotgun under $1000?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • John Browning
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2006
    • 8089

    Best value inertia shotgun under $1000?

    I don't have an inertia shotgun and want to get one for hunting ducks, geese and turkey. What's the best value under $1000? Right now I am thinking the Franchi Affinity 3, but have no time behind any inertia 12ga. Thanks.
    For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

    For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

    Originally posted by KWalkerM
    eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.
  • #2
    Bastard
    • Jul 2009
    • 2209

    new or used?

    maybe a Benelli Montefeltro? I think I've seen them for under 1k but never shot one

    Comment

    • #3
      John Browning
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2006
      • 8089

      New prefered.
      For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

      For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

      Originally posted by KWalkerM
      eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

      Comment

      • #4
        Ducky's Dad
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2012
        • 737

        Why inertia instead of gas?

        Comment

        • #5
          MJB
          CGSSA Associate
          • Sep 2010
          • 5925

          SBE 1
          One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!

          Comment

          • #6
            G-forceJunkie
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2010
            • 6479

            Stoger makes an benelli copy pretty cheap. Montefeltros are about $1200 out the door, just bought one so that above the OPs limit.

            Comment

            • #7
              Bakerloo
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2009
              • 1728

              Originally posted by John Browning
              I don't have an inertia shotgun and want to get one for hunting ducks, geese and turkey. What's the best value under $1000? Right now I am thinking the Franchi Affinity 3, but have no time behind any inertia 12ga. Thanks.
              I just got a Franchi Affinity 3. Will be shooting it for the 1st time tomorrow morning. I thought it was the best value, so that's what I bought. $849 at Sportsman's Warehouse.
              ...while the buffoon in the White House prances around celebrating butt sex.

              Comment

              • #8
                elSquid
                In Memoriam
                • Aug 2007
                • 11844

                Originally posted by John Browning
                What's the best value under $1000?
                FWIW, Weatherby also has a value priced inertia gun:



                So Stoeger, Franchi, Weatherby...and if you don't mind Turkish brands, there are more like Girsan and others that I don't recall. Look for cheap autoloaders on Buds and I'm sure that they'll pop up. It's pretty amazing how the market expanded after Benelli's patent(s) ran out.

                -- Michael

                Comment

                • #9
                  Ackrite
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 1043

                  I got a wood stock Benelli Montefeltro BNIB for $1,002 OTD from an FFL, including transfer fee and tax. I got a 20g for South Dakota pheasant about 5-6 years ago and absolutely love it. It just works and works in all weather conditions and a day of 500 clays is not big deal for it. I was thinking about getting a camo 12g Benelli for turkey now that I live in the land of "Wild Turkey" and turkey are everywhere. I can't say enough good things about the Benelli and would absolutely say it's worth the price.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    John Browning
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2006
                    • 8089

                    To answer why an inertia gun, I have a Beretta A390 Silver Mallard and Remington 11-87 Premier Light Contour already. Just looking to try something different. I did get offered a NIB Camo Beretta A300 for $700 that has me thinking about another gas gun, though.

                    What's the difference in the Montefeltro vs the rest of the Benelli family?
                    For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

                    For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

                    Originally posted by KWalkerM
                    eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      meno377
                      ?????
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jul 2013
                      • 4911

                      Originally posted by John Browning
                      To answer why an inertia gun, I have a Beretta A390 Silver Mallard and Remington 11-87 Premier Light Contour already. Just looking to try something different. I did get offered a NIB Camo Beretta A300 for $700 that has me thinking about another gas gun, though.

                      What's the difference in the Montefeltro vs the rest of the Benelli family?
                      Function wise there is no difference. It's simply a standard shotgun with no bells and whistles, but it's a great gun.



                      Last edited by meno377; 11-26-2020, 8:10 PM.
                      Originally posted by Fjold
                      I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
                      Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
                      -Milton Friedman


                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Bull Elk
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 4209

                        I absolutely love my Montefeltro.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          John Browning
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2006
                          • 8089

                          Would a Montefeltro be worth the extra $250 over the Franchi?
                          For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

                          For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

                          Originally posted by KWalkerM
                          eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            DZ357
                            Member
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 132

                            Both great guns and made at the same plant.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Bastard
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 2209

                              Originally posted by John Browning
                              Would a Montefeltro be worth the extra $250 over the Franchi?
                              it would be if you decide you don't like it and want to sell it - I've seen them on sale, on clearance for about the same price as the Franchi but it has been awhile

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1