Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Norinco 97

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kris smith
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2058

    Norinco 97

    sent from the depths of my subconscious
  • #2
    wilit
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2005
    • 5213

    Probably just dealers that don't want to deal with CA's CFLC process.
    "If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
    "You have to be willing to swing your nuts like a deadblow hammer to put these jackasses in their place." - AJAX22
    "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      kris smith
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 2058

      sent from the depths of my subconscious

      Comment

      • #4
        SkyHawk
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2012
        • 23531

        They are legal. They probably hear Norinco+CA and freak out. Worse case send it to EBR Works in AZ for re-ship to your CA FFL.
        Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

        Comment

        • #5
          tonelar
          Dinosaur
          • Mar 2008
          • 6081

          the norinco 97 is legal in CA
          so is their trench gun replica
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            keith1911
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 1297

            I had one at one time. Think I got it from Bud's.

            Comment

            • #7
              CWL
              Senior Member
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2009
              • 1488

              Hmm, I had thought all Norinco's were banned by name. Now I have to look into getting a 1897 clone!
              Vae Victis

              Comment

              • #8
                Nihonto Chicken
                Member
                • Jul 2009
                • 455

                Quite Legal!

                I bought a lightly used Winchinaster 97 trench gun a year or two ago, before prices hit the stratosphere. There was no problem as to the legality of the purchase or any question as to its acceptance by my local FFL. Unfortunately now the prices of the Norinco riot jobs are mid to upper three digits, getting toward the range of decent condition, used real Winchester 97s.
                "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~ C. S. Lewis

                Comment

                • #9
                  kris smith
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 2058

                  sent from the depths of my subconscious

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    emtmark
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 2494

                    I have one of those!? Nobody did any thing to me lol


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    I know what this man needs.............bring me the vodka

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Verdha603
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2019
                      • 882

                      Originally posted by CWL
                      Hmm, I had thought all Norinco's were banned by name. Now I have to look into getting a 1897 clone!
                      The Clinton Era ban only targeted rifles and handguns produced in China, Norinco included; they've still managed to import cheap shotguns since the 1990's, including their reproduction Winchester 1897's, which California doesn't care about because it's not a semi-auto or a handgun.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        highpower
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2012
                        • 5331

                        At the prices they are asking for the Chinese copies, I would just shell out a couple more bucks and get the real thing. Now, if you want a Winchester 1897 trench gun, it is going to be way less money to get the Norinco copy.

                        Warning: gratuitous Winchester shotgun pics;


                        MLC member.

                        Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

                        Dumocraps suck balls.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          slamfire1
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2015
                          • 794

                          I have never handled a 1897 Winchester or Norinco shotgun. How are they to shoot and handle? I wonder why they went out of production. (I have handled a Win M12 and it is a smooth and slick shotgun) I like having an external hammer but the design has a half cock safety. Has that been an issue for anyone?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            kris smith
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2011
                            • 2058

                            sent from the depths of my subconscious

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              naz
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2020
                              • 3108

                              Wow nice collection high power.

                              Those shotguns must have some stories to tell

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1