Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone use a single point sling for their shotgun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alexinc
    Member
    • Jun 2020
    • 119

    Anyone use a single point sling for their shotgun

    N/A
    Last edited by alexinc; 01-19-2022, 3:14 PM.
  • #2
    drinktothat421
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 309

    I like sniper savvy slings and magpul slings are pretty easy to find in most gun shop. I was using a single point on my 870 but now just the 2 point attache to the stock or sling loop wear the stock meets the frame and a nordic components barrel clamp.

    Comment

    • #3
      L-2
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 1335


      I've been using one of these "Giles" type slings (more often used as a 2-point instead of a 3-point sling). For me, it fit on either my Mossberg 590A1 or Remington 870P).

      Wilderness now cautions the front mounting plate may or may not fit all 590A1 guns. Perhaps they've got a different front mounting plate supplier compared to 15-20 years ago.

      There's probably another similar brand but I just can't think of the brand name right now. If I remember or find it, I'll edit the post with this other source (if they're still in business).

      Edit: Here's the other company I've used: https://www.spectergear.com/searchresults.asp?cat=161

      Specter Gear Mossberg 590 / 590A1 CQB 3 Point Sling. Made in the USA by CCS Industries.



      note: there's no drilling involved as it has that webbing/Velcro contraption which wraps around the end of the stock. I generally don't prefer a single-point sling due to too much movement and swinging. My experience/usage/needs may have been different from others, however.
      Last edited by L-2; 07-21-2020, 7:10 PM.
      (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

      Comment

      • #4
        jbj
        Senior Member
        • May 2009
        • 781

        Much peace
        Jimmy

        Comment

        • #5
          naz
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2020
          • 3108

          How about getting a plate that fits between the stock and receiver, and using that plate to mount the sling?

          Comment

          • #6
            The War Wagon
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Apr 2011
            • 10294

            If it was an NFA short bbl piece, I might. Running single point on a full-size shotgun is a GREAT way to trip yourself, if you're lucky.

            And if you're UN-lucky... you'll WISH you'd worn a cup...
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              ThatFishGuy
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 1084

              Let's be clear, I'm not a professional. But based on some drills I've tried, running a single point on a shotgun is BEGGING for a "cup-check" if you catch my drift. There's just too much weight out front, at least on the typical HD setup. Unless it was a tiny SBS/AOW type deal as the poster above said

              Comment

              • #8
                Lebaneseblonde
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2013
                • 739

                I do Used it in two shotgun classes. No problems.

                Discover premium custom tactical slings for rifles, shotguns, and more at URBAN-ERT Slings. Made in the USA, our durable, adjustable, and modular designs ensure comfort and reliability for military, law enforcement, hunters, and shooting enthusiasts. Explore single-point, two-point, and hybrid sling kits built for versatility and performance!
                http://www.urbanertslings.com/e-rush...actical-slings

                Comment

                • #9
                  alexinc
                  Member
                  • Jun 2020
                  • 119

                  N/A
                  Last edited by alexinc; 01-19-2022, 3:13 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Lebaneseblonde
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2013
                    • 739

                    Originally posted by alexinc
                    Anyone recommend a single point sling that can convert to a two point that would be the most seamless for a Retrograde? Looking for one that attaches right on the forend attachment that is already installed or can convert to a one point sling that wraps around the grip on the stock.
                    See my link?
                    http://www.urbanertslings.com/e-rush...actical-slings

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Lebaneseblonde
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2013
                      • 739

                      Watch this https://youtu.be/BiCZy1iaJek
                      http://www.urbanertslings.com/e-rush...actical-slings

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        FeuerFrei
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 7455

                        My old 590 has the attach point up front on the bayonet lug. Moving it to the mag tube is disappointing IMO.

                        2 pointers are versatile enough when you add extra sliders on there. I really like a clean, slick sling that keeps it snug when walking and doesn't interfere with actually running the gun when unslung.

                        IMO sp sling config is great for moving in and out of vehicles or choppers with a short weapon (super swat style). Too often it turns out to be a ball buster or getting dirt/mud in it's snout with a >40" long gun.
                        Shotgun to pistol transitions on YT do look cool tho.

                        I'm old school. If my sg sheets the bed or runs dry I dump it on the deck and grab my pistol. It's faster for me. Don't need pricey "training" for that tho. Sorry YT'ers.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          W.R.Buchanan
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 3400

                          A 590 A1 is kind of big to hang off a single point sling. I'd go for a two point, set up for cross body carry. I have tried about every configuration of slings for shotguns and rifles and the two point mounted on the side of the gun works best in the most scenarios.


                          Yeah its a rifle but a tactical shoptgun is basically a .73 caliber rifle!


                          Also the rear end of the sling needs to be mounted on the right side of the butt stock so it holds the gun against you instead of it falling away. It helps to have sockets on both sides of the butt so you can switch if you need to, like if you want to carry conventionally you want the sling mounted to the left side of the stock, so once again, it lays flat against you when carried that way. The front mount is always on the left side of the gun. Note how the Magpul stock has places for QD Sockets on both sides as well as loops for places to run the sling. Unfortunately you will either have to install sockets in your wood stock (Get the screw in ones made by Grov-Tec from Midway) or find a bridal that surrounds the Butt like on my Mini 14 above.



                          You need to run the gun in several classes to figure out what works best for you. It took me 3 classes at Front Sight to get mine fully sussed out but now I can set up any long gun quickly and it will work right the first time.

                          There is alot more to this than I've written here. You might do some searches.

                          Randy
                          Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 12-10-2020, 11:19 AM.
                          Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
                          Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
                          Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
                          Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

                          It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
                          www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            W.R.Buchanan
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 3400

                            Replying so this is by the other thread.

                            Randy
                            Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
                            Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
                            Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
                            Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

                            It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
                            www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1