Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Turned a friend to the dark side.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ceh383
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 2536

    Turned a friend to the dark side.

    Last year a friend/coworker asked me about shooting clays. I told him about the different games and what I prefered, Sporting Clays and about a couple ranges that I liked. Our schedules never meshed up so I haven't had the chance to shoot with him yet. Last month he started asking me about different guns saying his old pump just wasn't doing it for him. I gave him the usual advice to shoot as many different guns as possible, I offered to let him shoot my guns if he wanted. I told him I shoot O/U's and why I liked them, but I also suggested he try out some auto loaders. After shooting a bunch of different guns, he understands why I like O/U's and thought he might be spending 2 to 3 times what he planned on.
    Well, Sunday he bought a new Beretta 690 and got a good price on it. Today he was asking me about shells, chokes etc. I gave him my thoughts on it and now it looks like he will be shooting the Bonanza Blast in a few weeks. I think I just got another squad mate...

    Welcome to the dark side
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
  • #2
    fecalguns
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Jul 2015
    • 1341

    Originally posted by ceh383
    Last year a friend/coworker asked me about shooting clays. I told him about the different games and what I prefered, Sporting Clays and about a couple ranges that I liked. Our schedules never meshed up so I haven't had the chance to shoot with him yet. Last month he started asking me about different guns saying his old pump just wasn't doing it for him. I gave him the usual advice to shoot as many different guns as possible, I offered to let him shoot my guns if he wanted. I told him I shoot O/U's and why I liked them, but I also suggested he try out some auto loaders. After shooting a bunch of different guns, he understands why I like O/U's and thought he might be spending 2 to 3 times what he planned on.
    Well, Sunday he bought a new Beretta 690 and got a good price on it. Today he was asking me about shells, chokes etc. I gave him my thoughts on it and now it looks like he will be shooting the Bonanza Blast in a few weeks. I think I just got another squad mate...

    Welcome to the dark side
    Don't tell him about reloading. You will no longer fine Rem hulls at MNM.

    Comment

    • #3
      ceh383
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2013
      • 2536

      Originally posted by fecalguns
      Don't tell him about reloading. You will no longer fine Rem hulls at MNM.
      He did ask me what I shot, so I told him. Actually gave him a list of the components, then told him I reloaded. I don't think he's ready for that yet
      "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

      Comment

      • #4
        trapperjohn
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2013
        • 725

        Comment

        • #5
          shovelon
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 1852

          Reloading. What's that?
          Alfred E. Neuman 2024

          "The Hillary Clinton school of failure."

          Comment

          • #6
            hamajun
            Member
            • Apr 2016
            • 422

            Will he sign up Don's Clinics?

            Comment

            • #7
              Red9
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2014
              • 2900

              O.o boy. Did he get a pallet of ammo as well? July is right around the corner..

              Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
              Never enough reloading stuff

              Comment

              • #8
                shovelon
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 1852

                Originally posted by dkonrai
                O.o boy. Did he get a pallet of ammo as well? July is right around the corner..

                Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
                He will be raiding Walmart.
                Alfred E. Neuman 2024

                "The Hillary Clinton school of failure."

                Comment

                • #9
                  sealocan
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 9956

                  Originally posted by shovelon
                  Reloading. What's that?

                  ^
                  Hahaahaha haha! That is hilarious!


                  Kind of reminds me of the Walk Hard / Dewey Cox movie.

                  " It's reloading and you don't want no part of that sheet! "

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ceh383
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2013
                    • 2536

                    Originally posted by shovelon
                    He will be raiding Walmart.
                    He may very well end up doing that. It's ok with me, I don't need to buy my shells there
                    Originally posted by shovelon
                    Reloading. What's that?
                    I've got about 25 flats worth of supplies on hand right now...I may need to buy more
                    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hermosabeach
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 19812

                      Excellent
                      Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                      Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                      Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                      Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                      (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        fecalguns
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Jul 2015
                        • 1341

                        On a serious note about ammo, I am now going through almost 2500 shells a month. That's 30k for one year. When July of 2019 comes, I am wondering if I will be able to obtain that amount per month???? Whether reloading or buying factory?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ceh383
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2013
                          • 2536

                          Originally posted by fecalguns
                          On a serious note about ammo, I am now going through almost 2500 shells a month. That's 30k for one year. When July of 2019 comes, I am wondering if I will be able to obtain that amount per month???? Whether reloading or buying factory?
                          I'm not aware of any restrictions on components. With a progressive machine and a little time getting used to it, I can do 100 shells in 30 minutes. It's just added time to the game. If you buy in serious bulk you can even save a few $$$.
                          Right now my reloads cost me about $4.85 a box, that's cheaper then the $5.50 I was paying last year.

                          PS: The most I ever shot in a year was 8.5k, 30k in a year is insane

                          PPS: Last year I shot about 1700.
                          "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            fecalguns
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            • Jul 2015
                            • 1341

                            Originally posted by ceh383
                            I'm not aware of any restrictions on components. With a progressive machine and a little time getting used to it, I can do 100 shells in 30 minutes. It's just added time to the game. If you buy in serious bulk you can even save a few $$$.
                            Right now my reloads cost me about $4.85 a box, that's cheaper then the $5.50 I was paying last year.

                            PS: The most I ever shot in a year was 8.5k, 30k in a year is insane
                            I am practicing up to 4 days a week not including tournaments shooting an average of 125-150 shells per day. That adds up to more than 2500 a month. But I may skip a day or two depending and on tournaments, I only shoot 100-105 shells. You're right that 30k is insane, but it's becoming real.

                            EDIT: What sucks about this is I've only gained 30 birds in a match since 6 months ago:

                            Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 9.11.02 PM.jpg

                            Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 9.12.58 PM.jpg

                            So it's costed me more than 3k to smash 30 more birds JUST IN AMMO ALONE. We won't even get into the shotguns.
                            Last edited by fecalguns; 03-20-2019, 9:18 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ceh383
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • 2536

                              Originally posted by fecalguns
                              I am practicing up to 4 days a week not including tournaments shooting an average of 125-150 shells per day. That adds up to more than 2500 a month. But I may skip a day or two depending and on tournaments, I only shoot 100-105 shells. You're right that 30k is insane, but it's becoming real.

                              EDIT: What sucks about this is I've only gained 30 birds in a match since 6 months ago: ...
                              So it's costed me more than 3k to smash 30 more birds JUST IN AMMO ALONE. We won't even get into the shotguns.
                              LOL...You've gained what I've lost... can I have it back, please

                              I need to shoot more
                              "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1