Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pump or autoloading shotgun for home defense?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    NextTimeAround
    Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 134

    Pump....pump...pump. You don't want to worry about reliability in a time of need.

    Comment

    • #47
      Santa Cruz Armory
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2006
      • 4357

      I hope nobody is found sneaking around inside my house in the middle of the night...
      WWW.SANTACRUZARMORY.COM

      Comment

      • #48
        3GunFunShooter
        In Memoriam
        • Dec 2005
        • 2408

        +1 on the pump for HD. I do have a 1100 tactical also,for 3 gun.
        Have seen pump shooters keep up with the auto loaders.
        If you can't shoot good, at least look good shooting

        Comment

        • #49
          PistolPete75
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2007
          • 5230

          don't matter as long as you don't miss!

          Comment

          • #50
            rod
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2006
            • 2245

            I have a few pump shoty's and a semi auto. I prefer the pump for all the reasons already mentioned.
            sigpic
            Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet! (Stonewall Jackson's reply to Colonel B.E. Bee when he reported that the enemy were beating them back. At the first battle of Bull Run, July 1861)
            VCDL Member
            Retired Navy CPO

            Comment

            • #51
              Aluisious
              Banned
              • Nov 2006
              • 1934

              I have a pump shotty, but would like an auto.

              I can see that under stress, I might not rack it correctly and jam it.

              Comment

              • #52
                Rums
                Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 117

                One shot is all you need in the hands of an experienced shooter, and lets face it, pumping doesn't exactly take 5 seconds. Shoot pump shoot is maybe one to one and a half seconds. So I would say pump for reliability and cost. I think it would be worse to have a jam.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1