Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Where to Buy Beretta A300 Sporting?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smith629
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 885

    Where to Buy Beretta A300 Sporting?

    I've been looking at getting an A300 and noticed that the A300 comes in a sporting model which I think would be perfect. Only issue is that I don't know of a shop that carries these (I'm in Orange County). Anyone have any suggestions on where I could look? Was hoping to pick one up this week.

    Also has anyone shot it? What did you think?
  • #2
    ysr_racer
    Banned
    • Mar 2006
    • 12014

    I shot one, it's the exact same gun as a regular A300, just with nice wood and receiver engraving.

    It's also about $400 more than standard version. My opinion, buy the black synthetic one for sale in the classifieds for $580.

    Comment

    • #3
      ysr_racer
      Banned
      • Mar 2006
      • 12014

      I'm in Orange County, and you're welcome to shoot mine if you'd like.

      Comment

      • #4
        littlewing6283
        Member
        • Sep 2017
        • 158

        Originally posted by smith629
        I've been looking at getting an A300 and noticed that the A300 comes in a sporting model which I think would be perfect. Only issue is that I don't know of a shop that carries these (I'm in Orange County). Anyone have any suggestions on where I could look? Was hoping to pick one up this week.

        Also has anyone shot it? What did you think?


        Check out pacific sporting arms in Azusa

        I have a regular a300 and have been pleased with it


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #5
          SoCalPI
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2003
          • 1994

          OP, take up ysr_racer on his offer. You are right here, there is no excuse.

          Comment

          • #6
            hamajun
            Member
            • Apr 2016
            • 422

            I checked A300 Outlander Sporting ($999) along with other A300 models at Turner's in Lake Forest when I was shopping a skeet gun. They don't list A300 Outlander Sporting on their website, but some of their stores seem to carry them.

            I liked A300 Outlander Sporting better than others, but it was $200 more than A300 Outlander Wood ($799). I wanted a cheap O/U, and I bought CZ Drake from Pacific Gunworks in Mission Viejo. Ike the owner is also a Calgunner. I'd suggest to contact him to compare the price against other retailers in the area if you want a new one. Otherwise, try finding one in the classifieds like ysr_racer suggested.

            I shot A300 both Wood and Synthetic, and I think both are great guns. Coach Ziegler and instructor Captain Dick from Calguns SoCal Shotgun / Skeet Clinics also recommend me A300 Wood which is easier to customize for better gun-fitting than Synthetic.

            Comment

            • #7
              etwinam
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2016
              • 3223

              Allegedly According to the berretta website the sporting has a 30" barrel as opposed to 28" and a wider rib and larger stock than a standard A300.

              I'd be interested in trying one side by side with a regular a300. I wouldn't mind the longer barrel and wider rib. Question is when will berretta start selling the 30" barrel by itself, if it truly has a wider rib.

              Btw I would take ysr up on his offer and shoot the standard, I don't think you need the sporting either unless you've just got money to burn. I love my A300 wood !
              Last edited by etwinam; 10-10-2018, 11:45 PM.
              God, Guns & Integrity. Prioritize your Priorities.

              Comment

              • #8
                RNE228
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2013
                • 2458

                Would like to try it next time you're up here at Comanche, Birds Landing or Dunnigan.

                Originally posted by ysr_racer
                I'm in Orange County, and you're welcome to shoot mine if you'd like.

                Comment

                • #9
                  ysr_racer
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 12014

                  I'll be at Raahauge's in Corona tomorrow if anybody wants to shoot it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jahlapenoez
                    Junior Member
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 71

                    I've been researching entry shotguns as well and read the 30" Sporting model comes with extended chokes that the 28" doesn't. So sounds like some of the higher price on the sporting goes to that.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ysr_racer
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 12014

                      Yes, but it's completely unnecessary. If you've got a little extra cash, go for it.

                      If it's your first shotgun, the money is better spent on lessons, ammo and targets (in that order).

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        david c
                        Junior Member
                        • Aug 2017
                        • 12

                        Turners in Norwalk has one on the shelf.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jluyben21
                          Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 120

                          Pacific Sporting Arms had one as of last Saturday.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1