I have terrible eyesight. I have trouble with the bead on both my Mossy 500 and my Rem 1100. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience? I'm left -eye dominant and have astigmatism.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Poor eyesight: Bead, ghost ring or ?
Collapse
X
-
Poor eyesight: Bead, ghost ring or ?
sigpic
Join the discussion at www.utahguns.net
Isaiah 41:10Originally posted by HP911sweet jesus, the subject matter experts are 97!
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.Tags: None -
I like a ghost ring irons setup. I have one on my scout rifle but have yet to purchase a retrofit ghost ring kit for my 1980 Wingmaster or a similar-vintage 1100..
"Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof
NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked -
Originally posted by FjoldI've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
-Milton Friedman
sigpicComment
-
-
sigpic
Join the discussion at www.utahguns.net
Isaiah 41:10Originally posted by HP911sweet jesus, the subject matter experts are 97!
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.Comment
-
True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.
Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles DoranComment
-
At this point in the thread, since the excellent ghost ring isn't in the running (and one still needs to be able to see the front sight...) I'm going to recommend a frickin' red dot. Seriously. Why not. They can be outstanding.
Mounting one on a shotgun can prove a challenge, but there are out there, now, one or three different "scout rail" mount systems... maybe.Last edited by 200Apples; 05-11-2018, 9:06 PM..
"Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof
NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWickedComment
-
Ghost ring. Got my first one with my M1 Super 90 Tactical. Don't know how I ever lived WITHOUT one before!
sigpicComment
-
sigpic
Join the discussion at www.utahguns.net
Isaiah 41:10Originally posted by HP911sweet jesus, the subject matter experts are 97!
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,920
Posts: 25,153,213
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,753
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 37662 users online. 105 members and 37557 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment