I just bought a mossberg 500 cruiser, 8 days left till I pick it up. this is my first shotgun, and I live in an apt. what shells are best?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
best hd shell for mossberg??
Collapse
X
-
Well, I recommend a step load... either 2 3/4" 00 or 000 buck with two 2 3/4" slugs to end the tube. Just load the slugs first and then the buck shot you could also go with #3 buck, but I love that 000 - you have eight pellets the size of a .38! bitchen!
-toolman9000"Apparently the kids at the 4-H club that raised my turkey must have fed this bastard snickers bars, muscle milk and, presumably, smaller turkeys." - Tom MylanComment
-
this looks like a pretty good test:
it looks like #4 or #1 shot might be good for an apartment dweller.Comment
-
Comment
-
Federal makes a Tactical buckshot thats main purpose is low recoil and lower penetration in a buckshot it is called, POWER*SHOK® LOW RECOIL BUCKSHOT or Tactical LE. They claim 2 sheets of wallboard at 10 feet. check out the links for yourself. They are likely the same round. The law enforcement stuff is nickle plated.
"I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
NRA lifetime memberComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,644
Posts: 25,150,019
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 21196 users online. 103 members and 21093 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment