Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Barrel cleaning solvent?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarikinaMan
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 4864

    Barrel cleaning solvent?

    I found Marvel Mystery Oil to be very effective at cleaning crud in the barrel. Soak it for a day and it will clean much easier. Ive tried Hoppes, CLP, MPro and this seems to be very effective and a helluva lot cheaper.
  • #2
    JagerDog
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2011
    • 15654

    Just make up your own Ed's Red. Equal parts of ATF, kerosene, mineral spirits and acetone. Skip the acetone if around plastic parts. Can sub diesel for kerosene, but it smells more.
    Palestine is a fake country

    No Mas Hamas



    #Blackolivesmatter

    Comment

    • #3
      Carcassonne
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 4897

      Originally posted by MarikinaMan
      I found Marvel Mystery Oil to be very effective at cleaning crud in the barrel. ... seems to be very effective and a helluva lot cheaper.
      I have used 50/50 MMO and Hoppes #9 for a long time.


      .
      Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

      In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

      I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

      Comment

      • #4
        DArBad
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 3002

        Originally posted by JagerDog
        Just make up your own Ed's Red. Equal parts of ATF, kerosene, mineral spirits and acetone. Skip the acetone if around plastic parts. Can sub diesel for kerosene, but it smells more.
        What he said^^^^^^^ is my experience too. I haven't found a need for anything else after I switched over to ER many years ago. I don't add the acetone in my mix.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1