While nosing around for a S/A 28ga, I also came across 28ga and 20ga O/U's by Stevens. The 555 model. All very good reviews what I can find. Anyone here have any info on these? Price certainly is right. Thanks.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Oh-oh. Another one.
Collapse
X
-
Oh-oh. Another one.
Tags: None -
Yeah, I've heard the same thing regarding the club feel. The new one's, from what I've read, are a bit slimmer, lighter, like 5lb-7oz for the 28 or 20. I need to do a search and get my hands on a couple. Looking for info tho. Thanks.Comment
-
Tristar makes a very nice 28ga s/a. You would be remiss to not consider them in your shopping.Comment
-
Oh, I've eyed those, the Weatherby's and Mossberg's in S/A 28ga. The only thing that keeps me a bit off of the 28's is the price of the shells. SG's are what I don't handload for, so, I may end up with a 20ga. But, if that Stevens turns out to be well made, ahh, more looking. Damn shotguns. I was warned.Comment
-
I happened to have a 28ga MEC 9000 progressive reloader I'm selling...Comment
-
Well, and a 20ga too for that matter.Comment
-
I bought a 555 20 gauge about 4 months ago. Ran about 100 shells through it with no problems. It was a bit on the light side, which is okay and seems to have good balance. I was happily surprised that the break action wasn very stiff. $600 at BPS.Comment
-
My brother in law has a Dickinson 28G SxS that he likes quite a bit. I've never shot it, but I've swung it and it feels nice enough to me.Calguns.net, where everyone responding to your post is a Navy Force Delta Recon 6 Sniperator.Comment
-
Bass Pro, huh? Didn't even think about them. Have one about 1/2 hour away from me. I'll call to see if they have one. Thanks!Comment
-
I saw the 555 on sale at Dicks about a month ago for $600 including a free case of shells.Comment
-
I did hear good things about these under the Smith & Wesson banner from the old (late) Bill Hannus bird guns site. TMK they aren't near the $600 price point though.Palestine is a fake country
No Mas Hamas
#BlackolivesmatterComment
-
-
I dunno if the OP is strict on budget, just that the price point was one of the major attractions for him re: the 555.
Personally, I gave up trying to get a $2000 gun for < $1000. For $600 you get a $600 gun. If that suits you, fine.
He mentioned the original quest was for a 28g S/A. My personal experience with the AL48 in 20g was stellar for a bird gun. I wouldn't mind ading the 28g, but I've pretty much decided not to add a new gauge and all the associated costs, space, etc for reloading them. For targets I load the 20g (variety of guns, but primarily my 682 with dedicated 20g barrels) to 28g specs. These run through my autos as well.Palestine is a fake country
No Mas Hamas
#BlackolivesmatterComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,779
Posts: 25,151,586
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22163 users online. 150 members and 22013 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment