Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mossberg 930SPX Tactical

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Den60
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2016
    • 2695

    Mossberg 930SPX Tactical

    So while at Turners doing my DROS for a SP-01 one of the salesman was demonstrating the Mossberg 930SPX autoloader. I found an instant attraction to that shotgun. Anyone with experience with that model (or with an autoloader)? Pros and cons?


    Mojave Lever Crew Member

    "It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down." - Kamala "Heels Up" Harris
  • #2
    Ralston
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 543

    I have one and I love it. They do have a record of not extracting and feeding problems. I personally have not experienced that. I've put every type of buckshot and slug through mine with no issues. I polished the chamber as recommended prior to shooting it and gave it a thorough cleaning. I have a great time shooting mine. My coworker just bought one. He has yet to shoot his so I can't speak for him yet as to how his performs.

    Comment

    • #3
      WartHog
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 4639

      My Brother and I both have the JM Pro versions with 24" barrels & 10 round capacity. His has over 3000 rounds thru and has had a few issues that were solved but as long as he cleans it thoroughly every 300 rounds it functions fine. Mine has been almost totally flawless with over 1500 rounds thru it.

      The 930 series did have some production/design issues when they first came out but Mossberg seems to have done a pretty good job of rectifying those issues.
      Last edited by WartHog; 10-30-2016, 8:52 PM.
      Originally posted by Sierra57
      Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
      "We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt

      Comment

      • #4
        MarikinaMan
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2015
        • 4864

        I have the JM Pro. Clean it well after buying it and lube the gas tube lightly on reassembly.

        I run only 1200 fps or stronger ammo through it. Once I ran some 1150 fps and 1 out of 10 failed to eject. Stopped buying the stuff and now it's flawless.

        Comment

        • #5
          StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 2995

          I had a few hangups with light field loads at first. Now it runs everything.
          __________________________________________________ _____________




          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Den60
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jul 2016
            • 2695

            Thanks for all the input. I am definitely considering it.


            Mojave Lever Crew Member

            "It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down." - Kamala "Heels Up" Harris

            Comment

            • #7
              Daisy'sDad
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2013
              • 589

              Originally posted by Den60
              Thanks for all the input. I am definitely considering it.
              I've had mine for over 2 years and have never had an issue with it.

              And, for whatever reason, I can shoot 1150 fps Fiocchi low recoil slugs (12LRSLUG)
              all day long with no problems feeding/extracting.

              Like others have said, just clean the piston every 300 rounds or so.
              Certified Glock Armorer/NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and RSO

              Comment

              • #8
                donnrcp
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 640



                Got mine used from a fellow Calgunner. Had a problem with the shellstop. Mossberg was great with support.

                It's my fire breathing dragon.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  L84CABO
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 8776

                  Originally posted by Ralston
                  They do have a record of not extracting and feeding problems.
                  ^^^ This.

                  There are many who report no problems. But there also seems to be a fair number of complaints on them. The amount of complaints is too much for my personal tastes and I would not take the chance. But that's me and I have a low tolerance for guns that don't run.

                  Are there other guns you're considering? FN SLP? Benelli m2 or m4? Remington Versamax? These are all a bit more expensive that the Mossberg but all have a pretty strong reputation. I've got an m4 and it's a fantastic weapon albeit a lot more money than the 930. The Versamax is cheaper, however, and is supposedly a knock off of the m4's gas system.

                  Auto loaders that run, are awesome. Get a good one and you'll likely love it and wonder why you waited so long.

                  Couple other things to think about...Check and see if there are additional barrel options if that is important to you. For example, the m4 only has an 18.5" barrel. If you wanted a longer barrel at some point for clays or birds, you're out of luck with the m4.

                  Also, imported shotguns like Benelli are limited to 5 rounds at sale, due to 922R laws. There are legal ways to increase the capacity but without going into all the gory details, you will have to swap a few of the parts which means some extra $$. So that could take and expensive gun and make it even more expensive.
                  "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                  Fighter Pilot

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ralston
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 543

                    Mossberg 930SPX Tactical

                    Brian Enos has a ton of information on his webpage.



                    From what I've read and watched on YouTube, it really is a love/hate relationship with the 930 SPX. From what I recall also from reading, some simple maintenance usually takes care of the issues. Mossberg's warranty can usually handle the rest. I enjoy shooting mine. If I had the money to burn however I'd go with the Benelli M4. But I have 3 kids, a wife and two dogs.

                    This is also a good thorough review that helped convince me to buy one.

                    The 930 SPX is loaded with features that attracted me to it, and the price was a bargain compared to what a comparable package would cost from Remington or Benelli, which are the other two tactical shotguns that I have experience with and was considering for a semiauto shotgun purchase. The Mossberg 930 SPX is a 12 gauge semiautomatic gas-operated shotgun. There are two gas ports that drive a piston that surrounds the magazine tube beneath the barrel. This moves a pusher with two short


                    Once I found a fellow Calgunner selling his I jumped on it.
                    Last edited by Ralston; 11-01-2016, 1:32 AM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1