Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can anyone suggest a good 20 gauge.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • normanj713
    Junior Member
    • May 2011
    • 5

    Can anyone suggest a good 20 gauge.....

    Can anyone suggest a good autofed 20 gauge that can function properly with an 18.5" barrel and a pistol grip?
  • #2
    L84CABO
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2009
    • 8779

    Benelli M2??

    Errr...why would an 18.5" barrel affect it's operation?
    "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

    Fighter Pilot

    Comment

    • #3
      jeffrice6
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2006
      • 5174

      Originally posted by L84CABO
      Benelli M2??

      Errr...why would an 18.5" barrel affect it's operation?
      Why would you want a 20g auto defender?
      WTB: S&W 617 4" 10 shot Pre-Lock

      Comment

      • #4
        hattles
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 519

        Originally posted by jeffrice6
        Why would you want a 20g auto defender?
        Why would you not want one? A Benelli M2 20 gauge is as good as it gets and will defend you just as well as a 12 gauge will. Dead is dead if the situation warrants it.
        If I ever stop laughing, I'm dead.
        The shooting star - Tom Knapp
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9jUkOAvP9g

        Comment

        • #5
          bigbearbear
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2011
          • 5378

          Another vote for the Benelli M2, wife has the 12 gauge field compact version, she use it for trap shooting almost every weekend. Holds up well, reliable and easy to maintain.

          If that is too expensive, you can also consider the Weatherby SA-459.

          Comment

          • #6
            normanj713
            Junior Member
            • May 2011
            • 5

            Thanks for the input, to those who were respectful. I want a shotgun that is close to 26" in length, and a reliable auto loader.

            Comment

            • #7
              hattles
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 519

              Originally posted by normanj713
              Thanks for the input, to those who were respectful. I want a shotgun that is close to 26" in length, and a reliable auto loader.
              I think what you want is legally impossible in California.

              If you have the funds...the Benelli M2 is a great choice...but it is also an inertia action shotgun that probably would not function reliably with just a pistol grip in the length that you want. As a matter of fact, you will not find a legal semi auto tactical or HD configured shotgun with that short of an overall length in California.

              These dimensions are just a guestimate
              barrel: 18.5 inches
              reciever: minimum of 10 inches
              grip: minimum of 6 inches
              ~ overall length: 34.5 inches

              SRM Arms 1216(12 ga.)


              Mossberg International SA-20 Railed - Pistol Grip
              Last edited by hattles; 11-07-2015, 3:26 PM.
              If I ever stop laughing, I'm dead.
              The shooting star - Tom Knapp
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9jUkOAvP9g

              Comment

              • #8
                keep_ur_powder_dry
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 594

                Rem 1100

                gb
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Legasat
                  Intergalactic Member
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 4151

                  Winchester SX3
                  ..

                  .........STGC(SW)


                  SAF Life Member

                  sigpic
                  NRA Benefactor

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    L84CABO
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 8779

                    Ya know...I know you said you wanted 20 gauge. But you might look at the Remington Versamax. It's 12 gauge but it's supposed to be a really soft shooter with the gas system and recoil pad. Remington says it shoots like a 20 gauge. And they basically knocked off the Benelli M4 gas system as the patents ran out. And that is certainly a proven system.

                    Just a thought.

                    Edit: Oh...just remembered you said pistol grip. Don't know if they make one for it so it may not work for you if that's a mandatory requirement. Sorry. Was just an idea.
                    Last edited by L84CABO; 11-08-2015, 2:10 PM.
                    "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                    Fighter Pilot

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1