Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

looking for a 18" barrel for a winchester sxp

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rudy_c
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2015
    • 47

    looking for a 18" barrel for a winchester sxp

    Hi Calgunners
    I bought a winchester sxp black shadow with a 28" barrel as my first gun to go bird hunting and skeet shooting with.
    Now I am trying to find an 18" barrel to also use the gun as a home defense shotgun but have had no luck finding one.
    Has anyone else been able to find either a factory replacement 18" barrel or even an after market 18" barrel?
    any information that may point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

    thank you
  • #2
    Steve_In_29
    Banned
    • Nov 2009
    • 5682

    Have you tried contacting Winchester's parts department.

    I had to do that with Mossberg to get the 18.5" barrel for my wife's .410.

    Comment

    • #3
      rudy_c
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2015
      • 47

      no i have not tried contacting Winchester directly. i have looked on their website but have only seen that the 26",28", and slug barrels are for sale?

      Comment

      • #4
        Steve_In_29
        Banned
        • Nov 2009
        • 5682

        Originally posted by rudy_c
        no i have not tried contacting Winchester directly. i have looked on their website but have only seen that the 26",28", and slug barrels are for sale?
        You need to contact their Repair/Parts Dept not their Sales Dept. There was no where on Mossberg's site where the 18.5" .410 barrel was shown as available. However I knew they make shotguns with it so I called Parts and requested the information. In my case I knew I needed to also install a matching mag tube of the appropriate length, which their Parts people provided the info on as well.

        Find a model on Winchester's site that has the barrel configuration you want and when you contact the Parts Dept to buy the barrel, reference that model.

        Comment

        • #5
          Pbl600
          Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 300

          I would also try to contact winchester directly I bought a 18 inch barrel for my remington 870 from remington I ended up paying less for it than buying it from any other website

          Comment

          • #6
            tkpow
            Junior Member
            CGN Contributor
            • Jun 2020
            • 28

            how did u resolve this?...

            I have the same situation- I got the Black Shadow (w/ 28" barrel) and figured I could just swap with an 18" (purchased from Corson's). But, the barrel bracket is positioned differently.

            Did you also swap out the mag tube? or another solution? thx

            Comment

            • #7
              W.R.Buchanan
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 3390

              Have you looked on Ebay? Chances are you will have to cut a longer barrel down to get what you want.

              Randy
              Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
              Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
              Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
              Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

              It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
              www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

              Comment

              • #8
                JagerDog
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2011
                • 15608

                Originally posted by W.R.Buchanan
                Have you looked on Ebay? Chances are you will have to cut a longer barrel down to get what you want.

                Randy
                I was gonna say...pretty easy to cut down a longer barrel.
                Palestine is a fake country

                No Mas Hamas



                #Blackolivesmatter

                Comment

                • #9
                  tkpow
                  Junior Member
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jun 2020
                  • 28

                  thx

                  Originally posted by W.R.Buchanan
                  Have you looked on Ebay? Chances are you will have to cut a longer barrel down to get what you want.

                  Randy
                  was hoping to keep both the long and short barrels for different purposes and the long barrel has a sight rail running the length that further complicates cutting it down. There is apparently a specially made part # that mates with the shorter mag tube of the Black Shadow.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Nvberinger
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2018
                    • 729

                    Barrelexchange.com

                    But you may not find 18 inch barrels. It's the times we live in. Sold out.
                    Buy bigger and have it cut.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      W.R.Buchanan
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 3390

                      there are three barrels for your gun on Ebay right now ranging form $130-$300

                      Not a real popular gun so you will probably have to buy one and cut it, or have it cut.



                      All of these have vent ribs on them so You'd cut the barrel to 18"+ "to the end of the next portion of the rib forward that is soldered to the barrel."

                      You don't cut it in the open part of the rib obviously and you don't want to cut the rib shorter than the barrel. (There is a guy on Ebay who is doing that to Mossberg and Remington barrels to make them into HD barrels and they look stupid! Don't be that guy.

                      Randy
                      Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 07-17-2020, 12:29 PM.
                      Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
                      Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
                      Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
                      Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

                      It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
                      www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1