Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shooting buckshot in Bay Area ranges

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rojocorsa
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2008
    • 9139

    Shooting buckshot in Bay Area ranges

    How come most ranges around here don't let you shoot buckshot?

    Is there any range that does, or will I have to try this on BLM or something ?(which I won't).
    sigpic
    7-6-2 FTMFW!

    "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."
  • #2
    c good
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2724

    It spreads out and damages their equipment.

    Comment

    • #3
      rojocorsa
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2008
      • 9139

      So where can I legally shoot buckshot without having to make a day trip out of it?

      I just want to see how my shotgun works with buckshot because I've never tried it before. Ever.
      sigpic
      7-6-2 FTMFW!

      "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

      Comment

      • #4
        ScottsBad
        Progressives Suck!
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • May 2009
        • 5610

        I ran into the same problem. I'm allowed to shoot at a pattern target at the local range but with nothing more than 7 bird shot. So I'll have to wait for a trip out of town this summer to check the patterns of my shotguns with buck shot.
        sigpicC'mon man, shouldn't we ban Democracks from Cal-Guns? Or at least send them to re-education camps.

        Comment

        • #5
          rojocorsa
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2008
          • 9139

          By any chance, do indoor ranges allow buckshot (for those that allow shotguns like Jackson Arms?)
          sigpic
          7-6-2 FTMFW!

          "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

          Comment

          • #6
            bigbearbear
            Calguns Addict
            • Jun 2011
            • 5378

            Originally posted by sgt1372
            You can shoot buckshot at:

            Jackson Arms
            Reeds
            Richmond
            Metcalf
            San Joaquin

            For further info, check out my survey of shotgun use at Bay Area ranges here.
            Also Los Altos Rod & Gun club. You can use buckshots in their tin can range to blow up tin cans and plastic bottles (50 yards, so bring a tight choke). It is a lot of fun.

            Comment

            • #7
              rojocorsa
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2008
              • 9139

              Oh nice,

              Thanks guys.

              I've been meaning to check out Metcalf too. I've shot in the trap/skeet area but not the normal area.
              sigpic
              7-6-2 FTMFW!

              "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1