Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone been following this story?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • North86
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 1271

    Anyone been following this story?

    Legal configuration, 14" barrel.  Shockwave Technologies Raptor Grip installed A major controversy during the NRA Annual Meeting was t...


    A major controversy during the NRA Annual Meeting was the regulatory box the ATF had constructed for themselves with regulatory letters and the law. I was surprised to learn that firearms that fired shotgun shells with a bore of more than .5 inches, and a barrel length less than 18 inches, could legally be purchased and possessed without all the complex regulatory burden and $200 tax required by the National Firearms Act, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and all the following changes.
    As far as I can tell, we in CA are still subject to an 18" barrel length. Am I reading this correctly?
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt
  • #2
    Merc1138
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 19742

    Originally posted by North86
    http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2015/05...oliferate.html



    As far as I can tell, we in CA are still subject to an 18" barrel length. Am I reading this correctly?
    Yes, you're reading it correctly, and it doesn't do us any good in CA.



    A manufacturer can make a shotgun receiver, never attach a buttstock, install a barrel shorter than 18", along with a pistol grip and yes it's legal as long as the OAL is over 26".

    The reason for this, is that the ATF has strict definitions of what a shotgun is, what an SBS is, what an AOW is, a DD, etc. and left out a configuration. If it's not defined as an SBS or AOW, then it needs no tax stamp. There's another thread here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&highlight=sbs

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1