I have a Mossberg 500 with the 2 barrels. If I wanted to get into 3g just a a beginner to try it out should use the MB and get an 8 rd tube to install on it? Or is this gun a waste of time for 3g and I should get a TTI Benelli or a JM MB 930.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
3 Gun Question
Collapse
X
-
3 Gun Question
NRA Life Member
GSSF Member
I don't regret burning some bridges. I regret that some people weren't on those bridges when I burnt them!Tags: None -
It only holds 4 rds cant shoot anything with that heck I will probably use 4 rds to hit the first target. Should I use the short 18" or put the loner barrel on?NRA Life Member
GSSF Member
I don't regret burning some bridges. I regret that some people weren't on those bridges when I burnt them!Comment
-
-
Yeah maybe I will get the 8 rd tube and then shoot it that way. They are cheap enough.NRA Life Member
GSSF Member
I don't regret burning some bridges. I regret that some people weren't on those bridges when I burnt them!Comment
-
I would say start slow and shoot it the way it is. Speed comes with practice and you will get a lot of time learning how to reload which seems simple enough but is the most stressful operation of a shotgun competition. You should also upgrade as you see fit instead of just jumping in full speed. Granted you are definitely at a disadvantage but I have seem some people work a 5 shot mossy and do really well.
KevinComment
-
Also consider that installing an 8 round tube on a Mossberg requires another barrel too. So mossbergs aren't so simple to upgrade. An 870(older one) is better suited for upgrades and much more modular if you are sticking with a pump.
KevinComment
-
To install the 8 round mag on your 500 you will also HAVE to buy and install the corresponding 20" barrel.
on edit: Not sure about on a 12G but it cost me $102 (delivered) from Mossberg for the 18.5" barrel, 5 round mag tube and new mag spring I just installed on my wife's .410. You need a heat gun as well since they seem to cake the Lock-tite on the mag.Last edited by Steve_In_29; 04-06-2015, 8:33 PM.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,905
Posts: 25,152,972
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,753
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 24147 users online. 37 members and 24110 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment