Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My Turners $99 black friday special

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    tw1112
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 38

    Originally posted by dg29
    And that right there is how they breed and multiply.
    No kidding! Almost as bad as rabbits!

    Comment

    • #32
      MrElectric03
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 1590

      Originally posted by tw1112
      When we got there at 3am, there were two guys ahead of us in line and a couple other people that were in their cars not in line yet. We offered to give them the number 3 & 4 spot since they were in their cars, but they kindly declined and said it was okay. The manager arrived at around 0430 and passed out tickets to those in line at around 0500. I believe if you arrived around 6, you would have still been able to score the $99 deal. Maybe not quite that late, but you definitely didn't need to be there at 3am like myself
      That's rediculous. I was in line at victorville at 3am and was 26th in line and the guy in front of me wasn't going for the 10/22, manager didn't get there until 7 then everyone's wives came out of the parking lot and by then I was #32 in line. Should have tried another store.
      Originally posted by ar15barrels
      So you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
      We must be on calguns...

      Comment

      • #33
        Steve_In_29
        Banned
        • Nov 2009
        • 5682

        Nice score. If I didn't live 1.5 hrs away from a store I would have picked one up myself.

        Funny thing about the $99 price. A friend has been saying for years how he wants a 10/22 but is waithing for them to sell for $99 like when he was younger before he will buy one. I told him that was 30+ years ago and to give it up and stop being so cheap. So along comes this deal and I let him know but......he went out to the desert for the weekend and didn't get the message until he got cell service as he was going home on Sunday. LOL

        Comment

        • #34
          res2580
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2008
          • 1077

          Nice!! I will be picking my 50th aniv today.
          sigpic
          :gunsmilie:Rod S.

          Comment

          • #35
            BLK RFL DIV
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2014
            • 691

            I did not hear about that $99 deal until the day of, not happy that I missed it, but good to see you took advantage of it, OP. What a great deal. The transformation is pretty amazing.

            Post targets, range pics too. Sweet looking rifle.

            Click on this link to visit the BLK RFL DIV online store. BRD is a 2A dedicated clothing brand.


            Comment

            • #36
              tw1112
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2007
              • 38

              Originally posted by MrElectric03
              That's rediculous. I was in line at victorville at 3am and was 26th in line and the guy in front of me wasn't going for the 10/22, manager didn't get there until 7 then everyone's wives came out of the parking lot and by then I was #32 in line. Should have tried another store.
              I'm sorry to hear about that man. Yeah, I noticed that more than a few people tried saving spots for their friends and family. I definitely didn't want that happening so I went early, but I can't totally imagine your frustrations.

              Originally posted by Steve_In_29
              Nice score. If I didn't live 1.5 hrs away from a store I would have picked one up myself.

              Funny thing about the $99 price. A friend has been saying for years how he wants a 10/22 but is waithing for them to sell for $99 like when he was younger before he will buy one. I told him that was 30+ years ago and to give it up and stop being so cheap. So along comes this deal and I let him know but......he went out to the desert for the weekend and didn't get the message until he got cell service as he was going home on Sunday. LOL
              Aw man, what a bummer that he wasn't able to get in on the deal. Yeah, I was really surprised at the special price they offered! Definitely had to try and get it.

              Originally posted by res2580
              Nice!! I will be picking my 50th aniv today.
              I hope you enjoy it! I was going to pick one of those up if I couldn't get in on the $99 special. Post up your impression of it!

              Originally posted by BLK RFL DIV
              I did not hear about that $99 deal until the day of, not happy that I missed it, but good to see you took advantage of it, OP. What a great deal. The transformation is pretty amazing.

              Post targets, range pics too. Sweet looking rifle.
              Thank you! I was extremely happy with being able to get in on this deal! I should be out on the range this coming up Wednesday, so I will definitely post pictures, good or bad.

              Here's an update on the rifle since I last posted pictures. I took the opportunity to strip the receiver and couldn't be happier.

              Comment

              • #37
                FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 3162

                very nice
                Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
                One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #38
                  G21Shooter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 3577

                  Very nice build. I have that same Kidd barrel except in 18 inch. Shoots one ragged hole groups at 50 yards with CCI Standard Velocity(ammo I've found it prefers over all brands Ive tried).

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    BigPimping
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 21487

                    Originally posted by tw1112
                    So I was one of the lucky 25 that was able to pick up the 10/22 special on black friday. I've always wanted one and couldn't pass up this chance. I've always wanted to have a "custom" 10/22 and this is almost what I've always dreamt of. I put on a wood stock that I picked up, KIDD 20" fluted barrel, KIDD 2-stage trigger and bolt handle, and a Nikon BDC 150 that I also picked up on black friday. Can't wait to get this out on the range. Here's the before and after picture.



                    Extremely nice work my friend. Wow!!!
                    sigpic

                    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                    Don't let your history be a mystery

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      G-Man WC
                      In Memoriam
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 10991

                      Sweet looking rifle, congrats.
                      I didn't know it was just that easy to replace a barrel on the 10/22
                      after looking at a you-tube video.
                      Two barrel retaining screws and out!
                      -g
                      If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
                      -Samuel Adams

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        joe47
                        Member
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 475

                        Have you been able to try it out yet? Really would like to see some targets

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          tw1112
                          Junior Member
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 38

                          Originally posted by joe47
                          Have you been able to try it out yet? Really would like to see some targets
                          Hi sorry for the lack of updates! I did get to go and shoot it, however, I unfortunately didn't get to get a good picture of the target with my groupings. I was out at Burro Canyon and had a new shooter with me that day so much of my attention was with her. I can say though, I love the rifle and everything about it! Had so much fun shooting it and everyone else that tried it thought the same. I'm scheduled to shoot on the 21st and hope to have a chance to get some solid range time. I'll see if I have any targets at my parents house to snap a picture of when I swing by.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            DavidR310
                            CGSSA Coordinator
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 3116

                            Freakin Awesome.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              SonofWWIIDI
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 21583

                              Sweet
                              Sorry, not sorry.
                              🎺

                              Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                tw1112
                                Junior Member
                                • Mar 2007
                                • 38

                                Hi all, thanks again for all the kind comments! I finally got out to Burro and managed to snap a couple shots from the targets. These are my two 5 shot groupings that I snapped a picture of. I circled my shots since we had a few people out there yesterday for my shoot. All in all, I don't regret a single part that I put on this rifle. The barrel is amazing. The trigger, second to none. The stock is great, and everyone comments on how comfortable it feels when shooting. It eats and spits out any .22 I throw at it. And...just enjoying the day with friends, shooting clay targets out at 110 yards was the best part of my day.

                                These shots were at about 100 yards.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1