I was recently given a MAR/Sovereign SM64/EXP64 'survival rifle' by a friend. Issue is, the entire FCG is missing. Numrich has most of the parts, but is missing a few critical ones, like the trigger plate (the item that the majority of the FCG/trigger group goes into).
Wanted to see if there was anyone here that knew where I could get a complete FCG (or the parts Numrich doesn't have). The friend said he had seen a forum posting about someone that made the setup for the gun. But he didn't keep the link, or remember where it was. I've spent the last two days searching for the information without much success. Most of the "MAR SM64" searches come back with information about two Italian plumbers. While the gun is marked 'made in Italy' I don't think that would work.
Of course, the rear sight was broken when he got it. I took the front sight off today, just to inspect it better. Removed the two screws and the piece is broken. Looks like it was cast, poorly at that.

I plan on attempting to install a short piece of rail where the rear sight was located (has two threaded holes there). If I can do that, I can at least put a dot sight on it. I'm not expecting great things from this, but I'd like to teach my nephew to shoot with it.
My 'worst case' scenario is to remake the receiver (that holds the FCG) in better metal (billet aluminum) and see if I can also use other 'off the shelf' FCG parts. I have a friend with a Bridgeport mill, with high end DRO's on it, so it's possible. I'd prefer to be able to keep using the current bolt setup, since that mates with the barrel.
Wanted to see if there was anyone here that knew where I could get a complete FCG (or the parts Numrich doesn't have). The friend said he had seen a forum posting about someone that made the setup for the gun. But he didn't keep the link, or remember where it was. I've spent the last two days searching for the information without much success. Most of the "MAR SM64" searches come back with information about two Italian plumbers. While the gun is marked 'made in Italy' I don't think that would work.
Of course, the rear sight was broken when he got it. I took the front sight off today, just to inspect it better. Removed the two screws and the piece is broken. Looks like it was cast, poorly at that.

I plan on attempting to install a short piece of rail where the rear sight was located (has two threaded holes there). If I can do that, I can at least put a dot sight on it. I'm not expecting great things from this, but I'd like to teach my nephew to shoot with it.
My 'worst case' scenario is to remake the receiver (that holds the FCG) in better metal (billet aluminum) and see if I can also use other 'off the shelf' FCG parts. I have a friend with a Bridgeport mill, with high end DRO's on it, so it's possible. I'd prefer to be able to keep using the current bolt setup, since that mates with the barrel.

Comment