Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

got my mklll !

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    small hole shooter
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 1183

    Originally posted by scotchblade
    I've got the Mark III and a Buckmark. Great guns. The Ruger came with two mags.

    It may be a dumb question, but for what reason does a person need more? I only take one mag to the range. I load it, shoot it, load it, shoot it and so on.

    Besides, with .22LR in short supply, I don't want the ability to blow through a box of ammo any faster.
    I have 5 mags for my Ruger Mark II. I preload them with different ammo types that I am using that day. Makes for more time to shoot, less time reloading. Got a brick of CCI SV yesterday, have two more bricks on the way.
    Short supply? shoot shoot shoot buy buy buy shoot shoot shoot.

    Comment

    • #17
      CEDaytonaRydr
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 4142

      I'm probably going to get a MkIII standard in Stainless when I get to Alabama. Can't wait to get out of this communist cesspool!!!

      Comment

      • #18
        Digital Fixer
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2014
        • 17

        Love my MK III Hunter but . . .

        I have had major problems with the screws backing out. I actually lost one of the wood grip screws. Today cleaning the gun after a visit to Magnum Range I noticed that the rear sight locking setscrew was backed out half way. I recommend that you Loctite your screws with blue Loctite to keep them in place before you start using your gun.

        Good luck and have fun. It is a nice little shooter.

        Comment

        • #19
          bob_e95482
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          • Aug 2009
          • 1202

          Congrats! I finally got a 6" MkIII a couple of years ago, and I enjoy the hell out of it.

          Comment

          • #20
            2meterB
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2013
            • 1728

            No trouble with any ammo I've used. Thunderbolt to stinger.

            My mecgar mags malfunction frequently though.

            Factory mags no problem.

            Comment

            • #21
              aghauler
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 4794

              tag

              Comment

              • #22
                steel30
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2013
                • 2042

                Originally posted by Digital Fixer
                I have had major problems with the screws backing out. I actually lost one of the wood grip screws. Today cleaning the gun after a visit to Magnum Range I noticed that the rear sight locking setscrew was backed out half way. I recommend that you Loctite your screws with blue Loctite to keep them in place
                Same here, front sight would start to wiggle loose, Loctite worked for me.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  snypr
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 1142

                  Make sure to clean the threads & holes completely with alcohol etc to remove any oil residue before using any anaerobic retainer compound....learned this with my BM.
                  Originally posted by Lone_Gunman
                  American stormed the beaches of Normandy, not Europeans. Americans invented the airplane, personal computer, telephone, radio, TV, GPS, the DVR, automatic transmission, laser, and f'ing bubble gum. EUROPEANS DIDN"T. So until you asshats start providing the world with more innovation than Americans do how about you STFU about us?

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    russ69
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 9348

                    Originally posted by steel30
                    Same here, front sight would start to wiggle loose, Loctite worked for me.
                    I use two short set-screws. One locks the other.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      santamonica9
                      In Memoriam
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 1475

                      Originally posted by MyOdessa
                      Congrats!
                      Can't go wrong with a Ruger.
                      said it the best! congrats.....so how you gonna mod it out???
                      I mainly shoot .22lr, 9mm,45 acp, 357 & 38, 12G, 7.62x39, .308, .223/556, 7.62x54r, 300 win mag, 8x57
                      God Bless USA

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1