In response to an older thread, couldn't reply, due to thread age. But, these rifles are out there, so warrant the review.
I must have a dud.
Accuracy is not bad, but the mags are terrible! My 5 round mag causes all sorts of feed and extraction issues, will need some major tuning, including reshaping the forward edge, the "groove," that is impeding bullet/case travel. Adjusting the front, or rear, feed lips did not help. My 9(?) round mag works OK, with 10 rounds! Trigger is heavy, but supposedly adjustable, so will try that. If tuning and adjustments are successful, then perhaps new, extra mags may be on agenda, but haven't looked, since I wasn't sure if I wanted to dump more money into this rifle. The fact that my larger magazine works gives me hope that my problems are within my 5 rounder and the rifle may be saved.
Verifying that the scope rail is the narrow, 22 rimfire type (3/8"?), so plan for that.
People say they really like their Zestavas, I'm trying hard, to give it a chance.
I must have a dud.
Accuracy is not bad, but the mags are terrible! My 5 round mag causes all sorts of feed and extraction issues, will need some major tuning, including reshaping the forward edge, the "groove," that is impeding bullet/case travel. Adjusting the front, or rear, feed lips did not help. My 9(?) round mag works OK, with 10 rounds! Trigger is heavy, but supposedly adjustable, so will try that. If tuning and adjustments are successful, then perhaps new, extra mags may be on agenda, but haven't looked, since I wasn't sure if I wanted to dump more money into this rifle. The fact that my larger magazine works gives me hope that my problems are within my 5 rounder and the rifle may be saved.
Verifying that the scope rail is the narrow, 22 rimfire type (3/8"?), so plan for that.
People say they really like their Zestavas, I'm trying hard, to give it a chance.


Comment