I'm looking at getting a Kidd bull barrel for a 10/22 project, but I'm not sure which barrel to pick. I like the idea of their Ultra Lightweight barrel ($185), but is there something that makes the Match bull barrel ($180) or regular Lightweight ($245) a better choice? I'm building it to be a bench gun mainly, but if there isn't a downside to the Ultralight one then I'm leaning toward that one.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Kidd 10/22 barrel selection
Collapse
X
-
In the desciption of the lightweight, IIRC, it says their match barrel will provide slightly better accuracy.
If its a dedicated bench gun, i would get the match barrel.
That being said, i am planning on getting the lightweighthttps://www.activejunky.com/invite/132380
Mr.Rebates sign-up referral link: http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=1034188 -
Ditto /\/\/\/\ The description does state the match will have better accuracy.
If you are doing a lot of off hand shooting, I recommend the lightweight. If you are primarily shooting off the bench, get the match.
I have a lightweight and a fluted match. The lightweight is considerably lighter than even the fluted barrel. The accuracy of both is superb, so you can't go wrong with either one.Gun Owner / NRA MemberComment
-
I've used Whistle Pig barrels with great accuracy.
RyanThe following statement is true.
The preceding statement was false.Comment
-
Whichever you choose do yourself a favor and order the kidd trigger to go with it.Comment
-
Kidd states their 20" bull barrel is the most accurate, so thats what I would get.I'm looking at getting a Kidd bull barrel for a 10/22 project, but I'm not sure which barrel to pick. I like the idea of their Ultra Lightweight barrel ($185), but is there something that makes the Match bull barrel ($180) or regular Lightweight ($245) a better choice? I'm building it to be a bench gun mainly, but if there isn't a downside to the Ultralight one then I'm leaning toward that one.Comment
-
thinking of getting a 16" lightweight for off-hand (may or may not be kidd) and a 16" tapered bull or plain bull barrel (kidd barrel) for mostly bench usage myself.
i'm sure kidd knows their product better than i do, but i don't see how a 20" bull barrel would be more accurate than the same barrel but 16" if optics are being used (sight radius moot). a 16" barrel would be stiffer and i believe most 22lr achieves max/optimal velocity at ~16". 16" also seems like it should/would be enough to stabilize a small 20-45 grain projectile moving under 2000fps. if anyone has the answer, please explain.Comment
-
Many 22lr shooters claim that by using a longer 20" barrel most ammo will leave the muzzle sub sonic and remain more consistent in its flight.Comment
-
In regards to Kidd match barrels for the 10/22, are these bbl's actually match chambered, or are they Bentz?Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,729
Posts: 25,150,856
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 20577 users online. 139 members and 20438 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment