Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin Glenfield 60

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • IamCaesar
    Banned
    • Mar 2014
    • 7

    Marlin Glenfield 60

    I have an old Marlin Glenfield Model 60 that belonged to my Grandfather. I am considering having the lite patina removed and adding a trigger kit and scope. I watch Pawn Star and their expert always says not to remove the patina or modify a weapon. With this type gun, I don't think it matters because they are so abundant.

    Any thoughts?
  • #2
    dscoduc
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 845

    The Marlin Model 60 are great 22lr's but I wouldn't worry about making changes to it. They are plenty out there and you can usually find one for sale under $200...

    Not sure it's worth the trigger job though unless the current trigger is trashed...

    Comment

    • #3
      Gene1986
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 835

      Where are you located

      Comment

      • #4
        bohoki
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 20826

        there are no valuable marlin 60s refinish away i would not mess with the trigger though

        surprised you watch pawn stars it seems you would be more of a hardcore pawn

        Comment

        • #5
          sohappy
          Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 175

          What is the purpose for removing the lite patina?

          Comment

          • #6
            covingtonhouse
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 2216

            Bubba that bad boy!
            "I don't work for you!" - Joe Biden
            LGBFJB

            "Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers

            Comment

            • #7
              Capt.Dunsel
              Senior Member
              • May 2011
              • 1199

              Originally posted by bohoki
              there are no valuable marlin 60s refinish away
              Funny same thing was said about WWII rifles ( Arisakas , Mausers, MN's) now you all say it ain't worth squat if modified.

              Some peoples kids.
              Bweise says "I have to say the situation was not at all helped by 22 yr old former Airsoft douches who kept touting here, "But possession is not illegal!" "

              Fighting on the internet is like being in the special Olympics , everybody wins but your still retarded.

              Librarian " Calguns is not a 'general discussion board".

              Comment

              • #8
                alpha_romeo_XV
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2006
                • 3141

                I just sold one of the original made in Japan Glenfield scopes from a 1960's Marlin combo. Started bidding on Ebay at $20 ---- went for $195 to some guy in Indiana. Wasn't expecting to get anywhere near that. You never know what some of the old stuff is worth to someone else.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1