Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question about a RAW with a CMMG 22 bolt converions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • problemchild
    Banned
    • Oct 2005
    • 6959

    Question about a RAW with a CMMG 22 bolt converions

    I got a CMMG 22LR conversion and installed it into my RAW that I rarely use. Am I still limited to mags I owned prior to the Civil war or can I run larger than 10rd mags for 22lr?

    Whats the skinny?
  • #2
    G-forceJunkie
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2010
    • 6475

    You can run any magazine you have legally aquired and own. If I get the jist of your question, no, you cannot go buy new +10 mags today and use them. Magazine laws have nothing to do with it being .22 or a RAW.

    Comment

    • #3
      G21Shooter
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 3577

      Even if your lower is not a RAW you can still use high capacity .22 lr magazines in it when you have a conversion bolt or .22 lr upper attached.

      Comment

      • #4
        problemchild
        Banned
        • Oct 2005
        • 6959

        Originally posted by G21Shooter
        Even if your lower is not a RAW you can still use high capacity .22 lr magazines in it when you have a conversion bolt or .22 lr upper attached.
        Soooo many laws its hard to keep track of them all, just what they want! Can I buy a 25-30rd 22lr mag today or am I legally limited to 10rd today? And what about about a ruger 10-22 can I buy a larger than 10rd or am I limited to 10rd?

        Comment

        • #5
          Ed_Hazard
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2008
          • 5146

          Originally posted by problemchild
          Soooo many laws its hard to keep track of them all, just what they want! Can I buy a 25-30rd 22lr mag today or am I legally limited to 10rd today? And what about about a ruger 10-22 can I buy a larger than 10rd or am I limited to 10rd?
          Today limited to 10rds.
          .
          Originally Posted by Sic Boy
          And I bet Jobs surfs porn. If he doesn't, I'll eat a live baby on stage at the next Apple event.
          Originally posted by AJAX22
          Don't F with those guys... they can probably use their teabag to inflict blunt force trauma.


          Comment

          • #6
            problemchild
            Banned
            • Oct 2005
            • 6959

            Originally posted by Ed_Hazard
            Today limited to 10rds.
            .
            Thanks So the "10" limit applies to rim-fire same as center-fire I'm assuming. Thanks again!

            Comment

            • #7
              G-forceJunkie
              Calguns Addict
              • Jul 2010
              • 6475

              Originally posted by problemchild
              Soooo many laws its hard to keep track of them all, just what they want! Can I buy a 25-30rd 22lr mag today
              NO

              or am I legally limited to 10rd today?
              You can use a 25-30 round if you already legally own it, as in bought it before january 1 2000. You cannot buy any new ones.

              And what about about a ruger 10-22 can I buy a larger than 10rd or am I limited to 10rd?
              It doesnt matter what gun or what caliber. We are talking about magazines. If you already own a +10 mag, you can use it. If you don't have any +10 mags, you cannot buy any new ones. Been that way for over 13 years now. Simple quiz:

              1)How many over 10 round .22lr AR mags did you own on January 1 2000? That is the number of that type of mags you may own untill the laws change.

              2) How many over 10 round 10/22 mags did you own on January 1 2000? That is the number of that type of mags you may own untill the laws change.

              With the exception of some very limited ways, the number and types of +10 mags you owned on January 1 2000 is all you have to work with till the laws change. You cannot buy or assemble more, of any caliber, for any weapon.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1