Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need thoughts/suggestions for a Ruger 10/22 Bull Barrel

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • usmcmoose90
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 90

    Need thoughts/suggestions for a Ruger 10/22 Bull Barrel

    Hello Folks,

    I am currently, and through unfortunate circumstances (partly my fault...See link to other thread),



    in the market for a new bull barrel for my Ruger 10/22. I'm looking for any suggestions, advice, and info. from EXPERIENCED and SEASONED vets of the 10/22. I've owned my 10/22 for about 25 years, but until recently was unable to shoot it for the last 20...Sucks! I've installed my 10/22 in a ProMag Archangel NOMAD stock, which I love by the way...This is one of my favorite guns...Used to hunt rabbits with it back in the day and has never failed me, although I failed it a few days ago...Again, see above link...Anyway...Thanks in advance for your assistance...
  • #2
    Medics197
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 582

    cant go wrong with a kidd barrel
    NRA Life Of Duty Member

    Comment

    • #3
      Citadelgrad87
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Mar 2007
      • 16978

      Green mountain is well thought of at rim fire central, at least it was a couple years ago when I got one.
      Originally posted by tony270
      It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
      Originally posted by repubconserv
      Print it out and frame it for all I care
      Originally posted by el chivo
      I don't need to think at all..
      Originally posted by pjsig
      You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        sbcfd
        Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 232

        +1 for green mountain

        Comment

        • #5
          usmcmoose90
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 90

          How does KIDD and Green Mountain compare with Tactical Solutions?

          Comment

          • #6
            Antagon3
            Banned
            • Nov 2009
            • 722

            One thing to keep in mind, I've read that aftermarket barrels do not like bulk ammo. Can anyone confirm?

            Comment

            • #7
              usmcmoose90
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 90

              Originally posted by Antagon3
              One thing to keep in mind, I've read that aftermarket barrels do not like bulk ammo. Can anyone confirm?
              I've never heard this or experienced this. I'd shot 1000+ rounds of Federal, Remington, and Winchester Bulk from my previous (RIP) barrel with no issues.

              Comment

              • #8
                SirBoomsalot
                Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 130

                Green mountain barrels are great ....for the price they are awesome....dont think they make the type you blew up...where KIDD and TS make the light sleeved ones like you HAD....
                Last edited by SirBoomsalot; 01-24-2014, 2:54 PM.
                Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!

                Sgt. Ernie Savage: Good morning, Sergeant Major.
                Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: How do you know what kind of goddamn day it is?

                Sergeant Ernie Savage: Beautiful morning, Sergeant!
                Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: What are you a f***ing weatherman now

                Comment

                • #9
                  Viper49
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 520

                  Ruger 22 bull barrel

                  Lookin like your RIP bull barrel is carbon fiber, Green mountain barrel are steel and it will be heavy, the Technical Solution, Whistle pig or Kidd will match the weight of your RIP barrel. just a thought.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    usmcmoose90
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 90

                    My RIP barrel is Graphite. Pretty light weight. I'm not so much concerned about the weight as I am just gettin back in the game. And accuracy.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      drh777
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 671

                      I bought a e.r. Shaw bull barrel for my bro's 10/22 on sale for $89 at midway seems nice. Haven't shot it yet though. Green mountain if you want to keep the cost down. Best in my opinion... KIDD!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        tanakasan
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 1638

                        KIDD or Fedderson are extremely accurate but pricey. The GM are very accurate and well priced. Buy the KIDD and if it does not shoot well, its probably operator error!

                        Robert
                        WTB/WTT

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          usmcmoose90
                          Junior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 90

                          No one has mentioned Tactical Solutions. Is there a reason? I've been eye balling the X Ring barrel.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Press Check
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 4879

                            Originally posted by usmcmoose90
                            No one has mentioned Tactical Solutions. Is there a reason? I've been eye balling the X Ring barrel.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Personally, I'm a proponent of barrels with a stainless shank / breach.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              usmcmoose90
                              Junior Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 90

                              Originally posted by Press Check
                              Personally, I'm a proponent of barrels with a stainless shank / breach.

                              What's the benefit of this?


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1