Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Official Marlin Appleseed LTR***Available NOW!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    as_rocketman
    CGSSA Leader
    • Jan 2011
    • 3057

    Originally posted by readysetgo
    I just saw a report on the AS forum that someone who has one in hand did NOT receive the certificate.

    Stand by for more info, not sure what happened there, they were intended to have the certificate from what I understand (limited time as stated). I'm sure we'll get more info and it will get resolved.
    Well, the ad says it comes with a cert for a free shoot, so we will make sure the fellow gets his free shoot. No need to worry about that.

    We did a similar promo with Turner's Outdoorsman here in SoCal in 2011. This is a bigger deal, obviously, but not so big that we can't take care of the occasional glitch like this. Anyone experiencing this firsthand, contact me or one of the several other Appleseed shoot bosses on this forum, and we'll get it squared away with National.
    Riflemen Needed.

    Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.

    Comment

    • #17
      as_rocketman
      CGSSA Leader
      • Jan 2011
      • 3057

      Originally posted by Jsapata
      Part of my concern is the description on Gallery of Guns does not mention the certificate and the cut off date is not clear. They have had these listed for months but OOS. I was trying to find contact info for GoG to call and confirm, decided to check the forums and possibly post my question here. That's when I saw this thread. I almost order in case someone had ordered last night but still don't know on certificate.
      Just to clarify, we are NOT past the cut-off date yet. The shipment to Gallery of Guns was among the first. This product has only been in the wild for a few days.

      I'll update when I get something definite -- whether they changed it to a mail-in thing or what -- but regardless, we will honor the offer up until its formally announced expiration date, whether your certificate showed up on the first try or not.
      Riflemen Needed.

      Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.

      Comment

      • #18
        Jsapata
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 550

        [QUOTE=as_rocketman;12667778]Just to clarify, we are NOT past the cut-off date yet. The shipment to Gallery of Guns was among the first. This product has only been in the wild for a few days.

        Inbound PM.

        Comment

        • #19
          Ricky-Ray
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 3161

          Originally posted by as_rocketman
          Well, the ad says it comes with a cert for a free shoot, so we will make sure the fellow gets his free shoot. No need to worry about that.

          We did a similar promo with Turner's Outdoorsman here in SoCal in 2011. This is a bigger deal, obviously, but not so big that we can't take care of the occasional glitch like this. Anyone experiencing this firsthand, contact me or one of the several other Appleseed shoot bosses on this forum, and we'll get it squared away with National.
          I remember that special. I got my Marlin 795 just because of the free Appleseed. When I picked it up outta jail they ran out of certificates and said they were going to mail it to me. Never got it. Partially my fault I failed to follow up with Turners to get the certificate.
          Ray

          "If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

          Comment

          • #20
            as_rocketman
            CGSSA Leader
            • Jan 2011
            • 3057

            Originally posted by Ricky-Ray
            I remember that special. I got my Marlin 795 just because of the free Appleseed. When I picked it up outta jail they ran out of certificates and said they were going to mail it to me. Never got it. Partially my fault I failed to follow up with Turners to get the certificate.
            Yeah, but we took care of you anyway. One of the nice things about being an all-volunteer non-profit is that there is absolutely no corporate influence keeping us from doing the right thing.

            As I recall you're still about three points shy of that Rifleman score... wink wink.
            Riflemen Needed.

            Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.

            Comment

            • #21
              as_rocketman
              CGSSA Leader
              • Jan 2011
              • 3057

              Mystery Solved!

              So we've closed the loop with Marlin and Davidson's.

              What happened is the first wave of certificates was shipped "with" the boxes instead of "in" the boxes. Not everyone handling sales knew to look for the certificates, thinking they were already in the boxes.

              This problem is being fixed at the source, and those who missed out are getting replacement certificates. For those who already have rifles in hand sans certificate, check with your FFL. Those who didn't get one are getting replacements from Davidson's or from their distributor. With luck this problem will be fixed for all subsequent shipments.

              If anyone is unable to secure a replacement, send me a PM. I anticipate there will be one or two that fall through the cracks. If so, I'll connect you to our industry liaison and we'll get you fixed up pronto. Appleseed pays its debts.

              Sorry for the hiccough. Product launches are fun!
              Riflemen Needed.

              Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.

              Comment

              • #22
                Ricky-Ray
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 3161

                Originally posted by as_rocketman
                Yeah, but we took care of you anyway. One of the nice things about being an all-volunteer non-profit is that there is absolutely no corporate influence keeping us from doing the right thing.

                As I recall you're still about three points shy of that Rifleman score... wink wink.
                I think I'm a few more points than that away from Rifleman....
                Ray

                "If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

                Comment

                • #23
                  readysetgo
                  CGSSA Coordinator
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 8694

                  Mine's @ the FFL NOW! Will DROS next Friday. Stoked!

                  FYI, Appleseed Certificates are on sale now too. 20% off Project Appleseed Gift Cert. *Ends 12-31-13
                  Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted... -Mac

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1