Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo for Small Bore Sil Match

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • midlife
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 711

    Ammo for Small Bore Sil Match

    Any suggestion for a small bore match shooting at medal targets at 40 to 100 yards. No Hypervelocity allowed.

    I'm thinking Mini Mags?

    I want an ammo that has least drop b/w 40 and 100 yards, but that is not hyper.
    ----------------------------
    K80 Trap Special
  • #2
    midlife
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 711

    Yea. But what has least drop bw 50 and 100 yards.
    ----------------------------
    K80 Trap Special

    Comment

    • #3
      midlife
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2013
      • 711

      Thanks. I already did. And it looked like mini mags would work. I was asking for some help too.
      ----------------------------
      K80 Trap Special

      Comment

      • #4
        covingtonhouse
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 2216

        Drop should not matter if you have your dope figured out. Especially at known distances.
        I would go with the most accurate ammo tested in the particular rifle you are shooting. If you haven't tested ammo in your. 22, you are handicapping yourself right out of the blocks. .22's are notoriously picky about ammo accuracy, even between two of the same rifles. Even different manufacturing lots of a particular brand/type may not perform the same out of the same rifle. New to. 22's???? Go have fun at the match, see what others are using, and ask questions!!! If you are not new, do the same. There's always someone more knowledgable than you.
        "I don't work for you!" - Joe Biden
        LGBFJB

        "Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers

        Comment

        • #5
          midlife
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2013
          • 711

          Originally posted by covingtonhouse
          Drop should not matter if you have your dope figured out. Especially at known distances.
          I would go with the most accurate ammo tested in the particular rifle you are shooting. If you haven't tested ammo in your. 22, you are handicapping yourself right out of the blocks. .22's are notoriously picky about ammo accuracy, even between two of the same rifles. Even different manufacturing lots of a particular brand/type may not perform the same out of the same rifle. New to. 22's???? Go have fun at the match, see what others are using, and ask questions!!! If you are not new, do the same. There's always someone more knowledgable than you.
          Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear. Wasn't sure if I should use ammo that's most accurate in my rifle and adjust for drop. Or get ammo w less drop.
          ----------------------------
          K80 Trap Special

          Comment

          • #6
            covingtonhouse
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 2216

            check this out for an example of a comprehensive ammo test in .22lr

            when I bought my Savage MKII BV I used this as a foundation for my own testing. I didn't get as thorough, due to lack of funds to buy every kind/brand of ammo available. I stuck with the most popular high velocity brands/types and concentrated more on standard velocity (1050-1120) fps offerings from as many different manufacturers as I could find. I found that cost is a very big factor in accuracy, but the most expensive box I found (25.00/50) shot no better than 3.00/50 ammo. I found a good compromise of cost vs. accuracy for my planned use in three different varieties.
            If you haven't already, I would encourage you to check out the monthly rimfire match here on Calguns. It's fun, go at your own pace, and you'll see a gamut of target offerings to hone your skills. It will honestly make you a better marksman , and there is an occaissional chance to win a t-shirt I can't bring myself to shoot the hostage target due to the fact that I would be pissed for hitting a hostage!!! A man's got to know his limitations....
            Last edited by covingtonhouse; 09-17-2013, 10:57 PM.
            "I don't work for you!" - Joe Biden
            LGBFJB

            "Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers

            Comment

            • #7
              midlife
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2013
              • 711

              Originally posted by covingtonhouse
              check this out for an example of a comprehensive ammo test in .22lr
              http://www.accuratereloading.com/2009/bl50.html
              Thank you!
              ----------------------------
              K80 Trap Special

              Comment

              • #8
                covingtonhouse
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 2216

                Another good source of info is rimfirecentral.com
                "I don't work for you!" - Joe Biden
                LGBFJB

                "Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers

                Comment

                • #9
                  alpha_romeo_XV
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 3141

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    midlife
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2013
                    • 711

                    Thank you. I think we are allowed just factory sights on tub fed guns. No peep sights. Etc. Looking forward to how the goldenboy does!

                    I've go the gun sighted for 50 yards. For 100, I'm gonna aim about 10 inches higher with CCI SV. Or maybe 5 inches higher w/ Mini Mags.

                    Should be fun!
                    ----------------------------
                    K80 Trap Special

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      midlife
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • 711

                      BTW. How big are the ram and chicken?
                      ----------------------------
                      K80 Trap Special

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        midlife
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2013
                        • 711

                        I saw the two mini mags. The drop bw the two for 50 to 100 yards is only .2 inch difference.
                        ----------------------------
                        K80 Trap Special

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          alpha_romeo_XV
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 3141

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            midlife
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • 711

                            Yea. I'm exited. Gonna sight in the gun Friday. Match is Saturday. And I'm taking my 9 year old daughter too. The person who runs the match said I can help her hold the gun.

                            If she loves it, I'm gonna get her the youth model of the Henry H001. And I've got an 11 year old daughter who loves shooting too!

                            My wife hasn't totally ruined them yet!

                            How do I adjust my Goldenboy site to shoot to the left? I did read the manual. I tried tapping the back site to the left, but it wouldn't move. Do I just need to hit it harder with hammer and wooden dowel?
                            ----------------------------
                            K80 Trap Special

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1