Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Trying to obtain ruger 10/22...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • davefromca
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 821

    Trying to obtain ruger 10/22...

    I hate to make what seems like a total fng thread, however I seem to be more confused when I started looking into this. I am an experienced forum user and almost always find my answers with searches but not this time.

    The short short version:

    I want 10/22. People on internet say they are finding them for under $200. I've made several calls and the cheapest here in Santa Barbara is $299. I do intend to start calling dealers closer to LA tomorrow but not holding out a ton of hope.

    Used is okay, the classifieds here has 10/22s but they seem to be almost as expensive as a new one and/or customized in a way I do not want. You add in all the fees, (including your time, especially if the gun is 400 miles away and you cannot see it) and its not even worth it.

    Should I just go back to big 5 and pay the $299 (plus fees?) to save anymore time from being used? I would love to build one that looks like an m4 however first things first, I need the gun.

    Thanks for the guidance.
  • #2
    NorCalFocus
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 3913

    Under $200 would be a different state. The Rem 700 I bought is $100-$150 cheaper in another state.

    Just pay the $299, thats a pretty good price on a awesome firearm.

    Comment

    • #3
      Tank 57
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2009
      • 4185

      I don't know where anyone is getting them under $200.$299 is not a bad price.

      If you are willing to wait,some places have had good deals on "black friday" in the past.

      Comment

      • #4
        E Michael
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 2513

        I believe mine was $249 on sale, depends you can find the synthetic one for $199 about twice a year on sale here in sac

        Comment

        • #5
          Stewdabaker23
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 2309

          $300 in this state a pretty good. I believe Big5 is having a sale and they have them for like $279 if I remember right.
          sigpic
          NRA Lifetime Member SAF Lifetime Member

          Comment

          • #6
            Stewdabaker23
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 2309

            I just looked at the Big5 sale ad and for the stainless its $259 and the wood stock one is $239.
            sigpic
            NRA Lifetime Member SAF Lifetime Member

            Comment

            • #7
              Tom-ADC
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 3614

              Turners if they are close has to models for $219 maybe Big 5 will match?
              US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

              Comment

              • #8
                Chaos47
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2010
                • 6615

                Remember when you are reading online to check the date.
                I doubt anyone is getting 10/22 sub 200 recently for quite a few years now they have been over 200. I think the lowest sale price I have seen them at Turners was about $220 ish.
                The panic has not helped with lowering prices either. Up until earlier this month Rimfire rifles where still part of one of the new proposed AW laws. So that has caused a lot of people to run out and get them. The bills text has now been changed and the rimfire part removed.

                Just check Turners fall catalog has blued wood stock or synthetic for 219.99 on page 29 (SS and takedown more) They have an Oxnard store which is less then an hour from Santa Barbara.


                Comment

                • #9
                  majtom94
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 1120

                  Originally posted by davefromca

                  The short short version:

                  I want 10/22. People on internet say they are finding them for under $200. I've made several calls and the cheapest here in Santa Barbara is $299. I do intend to start calling dealers closer to LA tomorrow but not holding out a ton of hope.

                  .
                  Yea, out of state price after the panic is $225. Then you have to pay the CA portion, tax, dros and FFL fee. You will end up saving $25 when its all said and done. Big 5 is $280 but I think they just went higher to $299. Good luck on hunt.
                  "Do Democrats even realize that they are making more people buy more guns?"

                  NRA Member
                  NAGR Member
                  CGF Member
                  GOA Member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Pandanin
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 643

                    Here you go, start scrolling.

                    Average prices are hovering around $249

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      crufflers
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 12723

                      Around here - near Sacramento - price is about $250-$260 for a standard synthetic. Cordova Shooting Center, etc... advertise them in this range right now. There might be sale prces that dip lower on the standard models. The stainless, tactical, and Laser Max versions are a lot more.

                      The key to getting a GREAT price is not to be so eager. Keep calling around and calm down.

                      You might snag a tactical version for a bit more than the Big 5... like $330ish.

                      Also it looks like there are some consignment shops in your area... check them out and even if there's a used 10/22 out of your price range, make an offer and have the person at the shop call the owner to see if they will take your price. Nothing wrong with a used 10/22 especially if it is pretty stock and you are going to turn it into an M4 or whatever. Offer $190 or $200 on a used one in good shape.
                      Last edited by crufflers; 08-19-2013, 5:04 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        G21Shooter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 3577

                        Well now that .22 rimfires are not on the ban list, I would imagine their sales will cool off and prices will go down. Buy before the end if the year though.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 3162

                          $250 otd "Turners" when on sale.
                          Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
                          One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            alanman
                            Junior Member
                            • Jun 2013
                            • 37

                            Turners has them on sale right now for $220 in their fall catalog. Either a synthetic wood model with blued barrel 18.5" or synthetic black model 20" barrel with hi viz sights.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              autoduel
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 1080

                              Originally posted by davefromca
                              Should I just go back to big 5 and pay the $299 (plus fees?) to save anymore time from being used? I would love to build one that looks like an m4 however first things first, I need the gun.

                              Thanks for the guidance.
                              If you want a M4gery then get a 15/22.
                              If you want a 10/22 then just go back to BIG 5 with this:



                              I picked up a $200 10/22 at the turners sale and with the driving and the waiting, I should have picked one up at big 5 for a few $$ more.
                              Last edited by autoduel; 08-19-2013, 5:18 PM.
                              Ignorance, hate, fear and bigotry. The Four Horsemen of Liberalism.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1