Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need some .22 Match Ammo Near Sac.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hylander
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3872

    Need some .22 Match Ammo Near Sac.

    Anyone got a line on some Match ammo somewhere near Sac or Roseville.
    I just need a box or maybe two for testing my new KIDD barrel.
    All I have is Win. 555 and CCI Mini-Mags.
    They test great @ 25yds. but go to 50yds. and the groups really open up.
    Here they are @ 25yd.
    However they open to 1" to 1.5" at 50yds.



    Failure is not an Option
  • #2
    DCF
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 1188

    You need standard velocity ammo at and above 50 yards.

    Comment

    • #3
      AceGirlsHusband
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 2651

      Did you have a particular match brand in mind (Eley, Lapua, RWS, Federal, Wolf, SK, etc)?
      Last edited by AceGirlsHusband; 08-10-2013, 6:31 AM.

      Comment

      • #4
        problemchild
        Banned
        • Oct 2005
        • 6959

        Maybe match ammo will help, I don't know because i have never used it. Two other choices would be to measure every round and sort them by rim thickness or buy another gun.

        Using walmart 555 hp 36gr junk ammo I can hold sub 3/4" at 100yds in gusting wind.


        I have never fired the off the shelf $350 CZ at 25yds but it would shoot a one hole cluster with ANY ammo.

        Next time I am going to shoot at 150 - 200yds. I think 25yds groups do not show the potential of the gun.

        Last edited by problemchild; 08-10-2013, 8:10 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          mnh2obuff
          Member
          • Apr 2010
          • 100

          I picked up some Win SuperX at the Sportsman Warehouse in Rocklin.

          Comment

          • #6
            brassburnz
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2006
            • 3553

            Sportsman's Guide has some Eley ammo at a decent price. 50 round box - $9 for the Eley Club, $10 for Eley subsonic, and $16 for Eley Match.

            NRA Life Member
            CRPA Life Member

            Comment

            • #7
              roushstage2
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 2782

              Sportsmans Warehouse *might* have some. Before the Great Ammo Panic of 2013, they carried quite a bit of Eley match. Give 'em a call perhaps.

              Comment

              • #8
                hylander
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3872

                Originally posted by AceGirlsHusband
                Did you have a particular match brand in mind (Eley, Lapua, RWS, Federal, Wolf, SK, etc)?
                Not really, just something accurate at 50yds.
                I check Sportsmans all the time and have yet to find any
                Failure is not an Option

                Comment

                • #9
                  covingtonhouse
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 2216

                  If you ever get down to the Salinas area I have some partial boxes of all kinds of match grade ammo. brands include Eley/Remington, lapua, Wolf, Fiocchi, and CCI Green Tag and I also have 3 kinds of RWS, Eley, Federal Ultra match, Federal 711B, SK, CCI Standard vel.the list goes on, all in full boxes. I have it left from some ammo testing I did on my Savage MKII BV. Price will be what I paid for it depending on brand/type.
                  "I don't work for you!" - Joe Biden
                  LGBFJB

                  "Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    covingtonhouse
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 2216

                    Originally posted by problemchild
                    Maybe match ammo will help, I don't know because i have never used it. Two other choices would be to measure every round and sort them by rim thickness or buy another gun.

                    Using walmart 555 hp 36gr junk ammo I can hold sub 3/4" at 100yds in gusting wind.


                    I have never fired the off the shelf $350 CZ at 25yds but it would shoot a one hole cluster with ANY ammo.

                    Next time I am going to shoot at 150 - 200yds. I think 25yds groups do not show the potential of the gun.


                    I shoulda bought a CZ... I could've saved some time and money!
                    "I don't work for you!" - Joe Biden
                    LGBFJB

                    "Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      roushstage2
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 2782

                      Originally posted by hylander
                      Not really, just something accurate at 50yds.
                      I check Sportsmans all the time and have yet to find any
                      Have you been checking behind the counter? That's where they keep all of the rimfire ammo (of any caliber) nowadays.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hylander
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 3872

                        Originally posted by roushstage2
                        Have you been checking behind the counter? That's where they keep all of the rimfire ammo (of any caliber) nowadays.
                        Yep, and I know a few of the guys and ask, but it is always gone before I get there
                        Failure is not an Option

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          mshill
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 4484

                          Sportsmans in Roseville only had Win Super-X and Federal bulk last Thursday. This morning I scored the last three boxes of Federal Match grade 40gr 1200fps at Pleasant Grove Walmart for $18.97/325.

                          Looks like stuff is coming back bit by bit.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            NorCalDustin
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 1463



                            Anytime I need Eley Match .22 RF, I go into Action Guns... They seem like they always have it. Keep in mind, it WONT be cheap... But its fantastic stuff.
                            Originally posted by BannedinBritain
                            The only dumb question is the one you don't ask...and get arrested for later.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1