I have Simmons .22Mag scopes on my 10/22 and my daughter's. My sons want scopes now. They like the illuminated, mildot, etc. scopes, not red dots. Teenagers, ha. Anyway, what would be a semi-decent scope to stick on their rifles? I betcha as soon as I put these on my son's rifles, my daughter will probably want one, so I guess I'm looking for three scopes. I don't want to spend that much on them but don't want to buy the cheapest out there. We just target shoot at 50 yards. Any recommendations? I just want them to keep having fun.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Illuminated scope recommendations?
Collapse
X
-
Check out the Leapers/UTG line.
I have one and I like it.Certified Glock Armorer/NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and RSO -
Center Point Scopes from Walmart...
You'll have three choices for illuminated $58 $69 and $106. They come with flip up lenses and mounts. You can try the mounts and see how they perform, I eventually replaced them.
I have had three of the cheaper model on my Model 60's. The two 4-16 models are still working the 3-9 came apart inside. They have a guarantee but you need to keep the box and papers. The optics suffer at the high magnification, otherwise it's a decent scope for the money,I have spent more on scopes and been disappointed. The 4-16 is a bit large, but it has AO, very handy.Last edited by Furncliff; 07-29-2013, 8:52 AM.Comment
-
Walmart Center Point 4 x16 x 40MM right at $70 the rings that come with it are junk but the scope works great.
Here's 25 rounds at a 100yds using one. http://www.walmart.com/ip/CenterPoin...Scope/10248654
Last edited by Tom-ADC; 07-29-2013, 6:25 PM.US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

Comment
-
If you want a decent illuminated scope I say +1 on the Leapers line, there Bug Buster line is pretty solid for a low end, affordable scopeComment
-
How about the NCStar Mark 3 compared to the others listed here?
RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
Free Vespuchia!Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,647
Posts: 25,150,069
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18175 users online. 116 members and 18059 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.



Comment