Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone have problems with Winchester 17hmr purchased from Walmart?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Abra Philippines
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 197

    Anyone have problems with Winchester 17hmr purchased from Walmart?

    I had 10 bullets that did not fire. They were hit with the firing pin. I was very disappointed.
  • #2
    JNunez23
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 2755

    Had an issue with the same ammo, but Walmart is not relevant since I purchased it at Big 5.

    About 5 of 50 didn't shoot- 10% is really high.

    Red box right?
    sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    John Wooden

    Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

    Comment

    • #3
      Abra Philippines
      Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 197

      JNunez, They were the red box. This is the first time I had that much bullets that didnot fire.
      Merabbit, it's a bolt action rifle.

      Comment

      • #4
        Tom-ADC
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 3614

        I have a friend that bought a couple of Winchester bulk 22LR boxes he gets a lot of FTF with those. Ruger 10/22
        US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

        Comment

        • #5
          Izzy43
          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
          • Dec 2009
          • 2670

          Winchester .17 HMR is known for misfires and the occasional ruptured case. Buy Hornady V-max, they fire every time. I have shot well over 4000 rounds of the Hornady and never had one issue.

          Don't think Walmart carries the Hornady though.

          Comment

          • #6
            Abra Philippines
            Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 197

            Thanks Izzy. I'll give Hornady a try.

            I bought some Federal. So far do good. Shot 50 rounds without a problem.

            Comment

            • #7
              Izzy43
              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
              • Dec 2009
              • 2670

              Here is where I buy my Hornady HMR ammo, best price I have been able to find. Of course with the current shortage they are out of stock but you can save the link for occasional review to check if they have it in stock. As an aside I have never had a problem with CCI HMR ammo either, but my rifle likes the Hornady a little better.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1